Music Teacher (2021-2022)
Company: Classical Charter Schools
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education,
all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to
ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this
requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held
religious belief or medical condition.
Position Reports to: School DirectorStart/End Date: 2021-2022
School YearHours: 7:30am-4:45pm + some out of school time
About Us:As one of the highest performing charter networks in New
York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact
on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National
Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools
outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative
education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music,
Latin, debate and character education.We are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will
be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications
without regards to their race, color, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status,
or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage
applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical,
we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and
opportunities for growth.Position Summary:Music Teachers are
passionate about supporting the school's classical mission and
helping all students gain knowledge of music. Music Teachers'
primary responsibilities are to:
- Provide instruction in music to scholars in a way that
- Maintain a "no-excuses," highly ordered classroom culture where
scholars demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring,
trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.Under the supervision
and direction of the School Leader, Music Teachers:
- Study, practice, and execute lessons that lead scholars to
mastery of music content, using our rigorous curriculum.
- Maintain a lesson pace which both ensures comprehension and
maximizes students' ability to engage in the activity.
- Organize musical equipment thoughtfully, developing classroom
routines to manage materials efficiently with minimal lost activity
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
- Manage student behavior for an effective learning
- Maintain accurate records of student information and assessment
- Work cooperatively and professionally with other staff,
including attending team and staff meetings.
- Undertake other duties as required.Above all, our teachers care
deeply about their scholars, who inspire them to achieve life's
greatest joy: doing good work well.Qualifications
- NYS Teaching Certification strongly preferred
- Alignment to Classical Charter School's mission and
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Experience teaching in a high performing urban school preferred
but not required
- Demonstrated application of our core values: Accountability,
Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and
Keywords: Classical Charter Schools, New York , Music Teacher (2021-2022), Education / Teaching , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!