Education Sales Manager
Company: CA Technologies
Location: New York
Posted on: April 17, 2018
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your--unique--experiences and--creative--ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help--our customers to develop, manage,--and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It---s our aim to--encourage--global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented--people--and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.--Education Sales Manager --- Services Education (North East)--The Education Sales Manager is responsible for positioning, cultivating, and closing major Education sales activities at a Regional, Area, and/or Country level, by leveraging and maintaining strong, value-added relationships with external customers and internal Services and Sales personnel.--Key Responsibilities
- Develop and drive strong working relationships with the Sales, Channel, Services, telesales, existing customers, and prospects to identify and grow major Education opportunities that achieve CA Education's business plan goals for the Regional, Area, and/or Country.
- Create stand-alone Education proposals and presentations and provide direct, outward-facing consultative support for major accounts and major Education proposals.
- Able to professionally present/demonstrate the appropriate Education solutions (e.g., CA PA) and articulate the business value.
- Drive increases in Education NCV, revenue, and attachment rates in product and Services sales opportunities through independent initiatives and strong collaboration with field organizations to meet Regional, Area, and/or Country level quotas.
- As directed, work with the other members of the Education Sales team and the Direct Sales/Channel Sales and Services groups to position Education sales, and to assist, as necessary, to close the deals.
- As directed, develop and package programs and incentives for Channel Education sales.
- Use skills and understanding of the consequences and implications of decisions and actions to lead CA Education, Services, and product in assessing contractual risks.
- Demonstrate with proficiency new CA Education offerings.
- Build strong client relationships and develop appropriate learning paths to exploit opportunities while optimizing contribution margins.
- Articulate CA's Education strategy, philosophy, and offerings to the Sales team, Services, customers, prospects, and partners by being recognized as an Education expert and leading speaking engagements, such as at CA World.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the training life cycle and initiate dialogues to generate additional incremental Education opportunities.
- Develop the willingness of Education customers becoming CA references.
- Oversee the application and implementation of new work processes as they relate to Education transactions and lead the adoption of the changes and improvements.
- Facilitate the transfer of opportunities that fall below a pre-determined dollar threshold to other members of the Education sales team t I for follow-up.
- Maintain accurate forecast reporting and detailed information on each stage of the sales-cycle within an account.
- Adhere to Time and Expense Policy as posted on OneCA.
- Adhere to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available in the LMS.Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.--Preferred EducationBachelor's Degree or global equivalent in business or an IT related field.--Work ExperienceTypically 7 or more years of experience as an IT Education/Sales professional, with advanced knowledge of the IT industry. Candidate should have experience at a professional IT services company or software provider, and have a broad understanding of technology concerns in relation to Education/Learning. Experience selling to Tier 1 and Tier 2 clients in the North East territory. --Skills & CompetenciesShows business development skills and strong relationship building/influencing skills. Persuasive with presence and credibility. Proactive, consultative selling approach. Self-starter. Ability to influence and motivate. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Commercially and financially aware of implications of Profit and Loss statement. Possess the ability to plan and drive projects to completion by teaming across multiple organizations. Able to adopt a disciplined and entrepreneurial approach to achieve company goals and objectives. Good commercial acumen, credibility and presence to enable effective relationship building. Possess a knowledge and appreciation of CA's marketplace and portfolio and its major competitors and able to take correct strategic and tactical decisions for CA Education. Strong presentation skills enabling them to sell themselves and their enthusiasm within the company, to users, business partners, prospects and the media.Must be adept and comfortable in public settings, including but not limited to conducting client demos, public speaking and client presentations.--CertificationsMust maintain updated training as required annually.If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.--At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you---ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.--We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation,--Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.--Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers--We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate---s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.--Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.--If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.--EOE/Min/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: CA Technologies, New York, Education Sales Manager, Education / Teaching, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!