Data Management Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: February 16, 2020
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical or Electrical
Engineering is preferred, preferably with a minor or Masters in
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Process control and systems integration experience preferred
including OSI PI, Aspen InfoPlus.21, DCS, PLC, and/or OPC
- Experience integrating to external systems such as MAXIMO,
Syncade, Werum, SAP, and databases preferred. Experience with OEE,
KPI, dash boarding, and/or reporting solutions preferred. VB.Net,
C++, C# and Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Scientific software programming experience using MATLAB, R, or
equivalent numerical methods preferred.
- Experience working in an industrial process environment is
- S/he will interact regularly with customers and co-workers,
thus strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a clear
communicator is required.
- S/he must also have excellent organizational and time
management skills. Ability to travel as needed both in and out of
the territory is required.
- MUST HAVE OSI PI EXPERIENCE.
- Must satisfactorily complete required OSI PI certifications as
required by management.
- Must satisfactorily complete required Emerson Process
Management courses which may include Information Integration and
Syncade MES certification tracks.
- These courses will include a combination of online and
classroom training focused on DeltaV DCS, Syncade MES, Microsoft
Windows operating systems, VB.Net/C++/C# and Microsoft SQL
- Additional training will be offered as required but not limited
to safety training and any additional third party software
applications contained within the product portfolio.
- Communications demonstrates strong listening and comprehension
skills and effectively expresses thoughts and ideas both verbally
and in writing
- Continuous Learning strives to continuously build knowledge and
skills though training and development opportunities and through
assessment of own strengths and weaknesses;
- Cost Consciousness works within approved budgets and
contributes to profits and revenues;
- Cooperation works well with others, offering assistance and
support to co-workers as needed;
- Customer Service is responsive to customers needs and
demonstrates the ability to handle difficult customer situations in
a positive and effective manner;
- Dependability follows company time and attendance procedures,
meets commitments and takes responsibility for own actions;
- Initiative seeks increased responsibilities and takes
independent actions and calculated risks;
- Innovation displays original thinking and creativity and
develops innovative approaches and ideas;
- Job Knowledge is proficient in required knowledge and skills of
the position including understanding how job relates to others.
Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply new skills and keeps
abreast of current development. Demonstrates ability to perform job
duties with minimal supervision;
- Problem Solving identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers
and analyzes information and offers alternative solutions;
- Quality demonstrates thoroughness and accuracy and looks for
ways to improve and promote quality;
- Quantity completes work in a timely manner, meets productivity
standards and achieves established goals;
- Safety and Security observes Company and Customer safety and
security procedures and reports unsafe work conditions;
- Use of Technology demonstrates ability to use technology and
ability to troubleshoot technological problems, keeps technical
skills up to date and uses technology to increase productivity.
- Assist the Lead Engineer with all aspects of data management
project implementation from project proposal support through to
start-up and commissioning if required.
- Assist the Lead Engineer with project planning, scheduling,
documentation and invoicing.
- Perform definition/implementation/integration of DeltaV and/or
OSI PI with external systems including PLCs, Enterprise Historians,
MAXIMO, Syncade, Werum, SAP, and databases.
- Perform definition/implementation/integration of OEE, KPI, dash
boarding, and/or reporting solutions
- Support installed base of technology solutions including
OSIsoft PI, DeltaV, Syncade, thin client management,
virtualization, Kepware/Matrikon OPC, and SyTech XLReporter.
- Perform system and network setups, commissioning, upgrades, and
installation. Load system software for company supplied systems.
Configure networking and/or Microsoft Active Directory/DNS
- Troubleshoot control system network issues both on and offsite
to determine root cause of communication, network operating systems
and/or control problems. q Other responsibilities as assigned by
the Engineering Manager
Keywords: Job Juncture, New York , Data Management Engineer, Engineering , Allendale, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!