Documentation Engineer/Technical Writer
Location: New York
Posted on: January 15, 2021
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a
team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of
the content, for both internal and external technologies. You will
do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from
subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise,
structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting
something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content
from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing
existing documentation. In addition, you may also have
opportunities to do some coding and project management for various
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for
technologies and tools used within Facebook.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to
ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content
you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics,
mathematics, or chemistry or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or
developer outreach for a developer audience or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with a programming language such as
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown,
Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user
interfaces, and working with prototype hardware in test
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.Facebook's mission is to
give people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook, New York , Documentation Engineer/Technical Writer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!