Cloud Engineer/SRE - Bloomberg Law
Company: eFinancial Careers
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our Team: Bloomberg Law SRE combines software and systems
engineering to champion the use of sound engineering principles,
operational discipline, and automation. We focus on improving
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) product reliability, stability, and scaling
with an interest in fault-tolerant distributed system design. Our
culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, methodical problem
solving and openness in a blameless environment are keys to our
success. What's in it for you: As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
at Bloomberg Law, your mission is to improve reliability,
scalability and performance of the BLAW Platform running on hybrid
environment (on-premise and AWS). You will be empowered to promote
and implement industry-wide SRE best practices. You will have the
opportunity to work alongside application engineers across the full
stack that uses modern open source web and data processing
technologies. We'll trust you to:
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable and
self-healing on Bloomberg data centers and on AWS
- Design infrastructure and implement automation using
infrastructure-as-code solutions (Terraform)
- Improve overall observability by implementing monitoring,
metrics, logs and Service Level Objectives (SLO).
- Work alongside application engineers as they build/migrate
applications on your infrastructure
- Troubleshoot production problems as they occur, and drive
- Measure current capacity, predict future capacity needs and
make suggestions accordingly You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available,
fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience in developing code in at least one high-level
- Experience in developing automated infrastructure in AWS or
other cloud providers.
- A mindset to ensure stability of production environment,
applying software engineering solutions to run/manage
- Understanding of Linux operating systems and networking.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related
technology field We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in AWS infrastructure and related DevOps
- A deep understanding stability & reliability engineering (SRE)
principles and practices
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting
large-scale distributed systems.
- Create project ideas and implement them with effective
collaboration and communication.
- Familiarity with kubernetes/docker/containers
- Ability to work with diverse teams and personalities Bloomberg
is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: eFinancial Careers, New York , Cloud Engineer/SRE - Bloomberg Law, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!