Engineering Technical Services Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Eaton's BLine Division is currently seeking an Engineering
Technical Services Manager to join our team. This position will be
based at our Highland, IL or Syracuse, NY site.
The individual will be responsible for managing the engineering
technical services work among a global team. The individual will be
responsible for building and developing streamlined processes
within the control of the technical services team. The position
will also support interactions and relationships with the balance
of our commercial team and drive further integration with all
functional groups within the business.
This position is responsible for managing and leading the
engineering technical services business function and revenue team
(both domestic and international) which is comprised of an
Engineered to Order group, Technical Customer Support group and a
Seismic Technical team. Managing the team is comprised of creating
process driven solutions that work across the groups making
business decisions regarding selection/deselection of job requests
along with clear communication or the reasoning. Additionally, the
candidate will provide excellent technical services and project
management by prioritizing escalations, improving timeliness on
responses and sustaining requests and ultimately driving revenue
growth and profitability by winning improved margin opportunities.
Success in the role will also include oversight for the process of
engineering services automation as well as, creation of customer
specific product files. The candidate will be responsible to drive
the commercialization of the technical services team while refining
metrics and establishing guidelines that span the business. The
candidate will be responsible to determine and deploy the most
efficient productivity tools based on functionality and ease of
This is a high visibility position will lead critical interactions
with internal (Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, Finance,
Marketing, etc.) and external (manufacturing representatives,
distributors, OEM's) customers to deliver a world class level of
service. Specifically, this position will align closely with Supply
Chain Management on availability of purchased parts, operations on
take offs and plant capabilities and Product Line Managers around
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Set clear and smart team objectives and evaluate performance
against those objectives using the annual performance review
process, as well as, weekly/monthly team meetings.
- Coach and develop employees to build skills within the
technical support organization
- Build relationships with internal departments and customers to
determine success of the team
- Accountable for increasing profit margins and revenue
- Proactively engage the Product Line Mangers to ensure
consistent technical service and ETO metrics are being
- Report metrics on a routine basis and proactively address any
deviations against plan to ensure performance exceeds
- Develop and champion process improvement projects
- Develop systematic way to track and manage large projects both
domestically and internationally.
- Support projects in the field. Travel to job sites to provide
technical answers during projects, and support sales department on
an as needed basis.
- Develop metrics regarding turnaround times, services that are
offered and support the sale of the all product lines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- A minimum of 5 years' experience managing a team, and/or
extensive project management experience
- A minimum of 2 year experience reading and interpreting
- Minimum of 2 years Commercial/Customer Experience interfacing
with internal/external customers
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Syracuse, NY or Highland, IL
will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to manage the technical work flow, communicate clearly
to internal & external customers and influence others.
- Manufacturing exposure with an Engineer to Order type
- Supervision of remote employees
- Experience working with global teams
- CAD experience
- Prior knowledge of Eaton's Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas
Business products and channels to market.
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as
planning and organizational skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-New York-Syracuse
Highland IL Loc
EPG BLD BLine Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :094769
Keywords: Eaton, New York , Engineering Technical Services Manager, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!