Sr. Network and Security Engineer
Company: Jackson Lewis P.C.
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis
P.C.'s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide
consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law
intersects business. We help employers develop proactive
strategies, strong policies, and business-oriented solutions to
cultivate high-functioning workforces engaged, stable and diverse,
and share our clients' goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect
for their contribution to every employee. The Firm is ranked in the
First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment
Litigation and both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of
Management, in the U.S. News - Best Lawyers-- "Best Law Firms."
This position is located in our Headquarters in West Harrison, NY
(NOC). Other Jackson Lewis office locations may be considered for a
suitably qualified candidate. Jackson Lewis P.C. is seeking a Sr.
Network and Security Engineer to focus on our LAN\WAN and Cloud
(Azure) environments' security aspects. This person would be
responsible for the network and security architecture and
coordination of all network and security-related activities, such
as planning, acquisition, design, installation, and maintenance of
our data, voice, data, and video solutions. This person will work
with our internal teams, vendors, and consultant to review our
existing network and security environment and analyze the system's
effectiveness and adequacy, making recommendation for upgrades,
replacement, and maintenance. Essential Duties and
- Design, plan, implement and maintain the network and security
infrastructure technology stack with a heavy emphasis on
- Formulating requirements advises alternative approaches and
conducts feasibility studies.
- Develops network architecture and network design
- Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local
and wide area networks.
- Evaluate network for performance, scalability, manageability,
and security improvement opportunities.
- Configure, test, install and support network hardware and
software. This includes, but is not limited to routers, switches,
firewalls, cabling, wireless access points, and controllers,
intrusion detection systems, load balancing, Cisco Internetwork
Operating System (IOS), and Web Security Gateway appliances.
- Build, test, implement, integrate, support, and maintain new
solutions such as Redundant Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
circuits, SD-WAN, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Unified
Communication, and Video over IP solutions.
- Lead, respond, and mitigate network security
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies,
metrics, procedures, and training plans to improve network systems
and appropriate use.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and
- Develop, maintain, or implement network disaster recovery plans
to ensure business continuity.
- Configure equipment and services and support networks in
various stages of deployment. Audit and assess network against
requirements and best practices. Formulate network management
- Knowledgeable in various network protocols, designs, and
troubleshooting techniques (BGP/OSPF, QoS, DNS, DHCP, routing,
switching, etc.). Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with
a major in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Following certification preferred but not required: CCNP/CCIE,
CISSP/SSCP, CCSP, CCSP
- 3+ years of experience in network and security technologies,
including knowledge of Cisco IPT technologies; heavy emphasis on
- In-Depth knowledge of Azure and AWS Cloud Technologies
- Ideally knowledgeable in the following: IDS/IPS technologies,
management tools (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, or similar), and
deployment experience of BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP in complex WAN
- Hands-on experience with SNMP monitoring using SolarWinds or
- Voice gateway configurations (SRST, MGCP)
- In-Depth knowledge on security tools such as Vulnerability
(Nessus\Qualys) and Network scanners, Firewalls management, Load
Balancer, Network Access Control, Network Taps, and DLP/CASB
- Knowledgeable in NIST Cybersecurity Standards, PCI-DSS, GDRP,
and Security Standards and Auditing practices
- Knowledgeable with SIEM and SOAR, SOC incident management,
Rapid7 Log Management Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our
differences makes us a more robust, better firm. We appreciate the
importance of having a workforce that reflects the various
communities in which we work. We strive to create an inclusive
environment where diverse employees want to work and flourish
professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Jackson Lewis P.C., New York , Sr. Network and Security Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!