Data Engineer Winter Semester Intern
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JafCap Data Engineer Winter Semester Intern (Part-Time)
JafCap is a PropTech startup out of New York. It is the extension
of Jafri Capital, an existing commercial real estate capital
markets intermediary and investment firm.
JafCaps mission is to enable the future of the private and public
commercial real estate markets. Historically, commercial real
estate has been an extremely lucrative industry with a high barrier
for entry commercial real estate is all about who you know. JafCap
aims to build the platform that does all the handshakes for you,
rips down the red tape, and connects individuals and institutions
with a network of global investors and lenders as well as
investment and lending opportunities.
About the Role
- As a Data Engineer on the JafCap Product Team, youll work with
our team of data science and machine learning engineers to build
out minimum-viable-product data pipelines for the JafCap platform.
Youll get to own data pipelines, data preprocessing, and data
- On top of the technical experience youll get in creating data
pipelines and managing data in Python and SQL, youll also get
experience in the extremely lucrative commercial real estate
industry seeing now only how 10-figure deals get made in commercial
- As a part-time intern, youll be expected to work minimum 10
hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week. Compensation will be
weighted on output and results more so than hours logged.
What Youll Do
- Build, monitor and maintain reliable data pipelines for highly
available reporting or data integrations.
- Gain knowledge of and support ongoing architecture,
implementation and configuration of data management using SQL.
- Translate otherwise no-code workflows into Python-enabled
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Working toward a bachelors degree or advanced degree in data
engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proficiency in Python, primarily in Pandas, NumPy, list and
dictionary comprehension through project experience and
- Understanding of data modeling concepts, SQL and data
- Advanced Python Skills for automation through experience or
- Experience building data steams/surveys through code or no-code
- People are our greatest asset, so we hire great people
regardless of where they live. Work wherever youd like as reliable
internet access is our only requirement. We communicate
asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our
- Deep technical experience in a part-time role is a rare
opportunity. Youll get experience building a product that requires
data science, data management and automation best practices in
Python and SQL.
- Not only will you get cutting-edge technical experience, but
you also get to see the front lines of the lucrative private and
public commercial real estate markets.
Keywords: Jafcap, New York , Data Engineer Winter Semester Intern, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!