Electrical Substation Engineer
Company: ersg Ltd
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ERSG USA is currently recruiting an Electrical Substation
Engineer for a major US Offshore Wind project that will be
constructed and installed off the coast of New Jersey, with the
office located in Brooklyn, NY.PLEASE NOTE:
- This is initially a contract positions (expected 1-2 years)
with potential for a transition into a permanent position and/or
- We are looking for individuals commutable or open to relocating
to the Brooklyn (unfortunately no relocation is provided).
- This position is only open to individuals who have the right to
work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No salary range is currently available due to our usual process
of "quoting per applicant" to ensure fairness across the
- Candidates with experience in renewable energy, oil & gas,
utility, or T&D areas will be at a distinct advantage.Scope of
Job:The Electrical Substation Engineer will support the front-end
delivery, development, and construction of offshore wind projects,
focusing on performing and reviewing electrical designs for the
- 80% - Provide technical support for the electrical design of
offshore substation, including definition of employer's
requirements and technical specifications, review of FEED work,
support the tendering and execution of the EPC contract and review
the detailed design.
- 10% - Participate in project team meetings and cross discipline
- 5% - Stay on the cutting edge of technology, develop, and
maintain relationships with offshore substation potential service
providers who can support the projects.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.Supervision of Others: No Direct
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Requires a BSc EE degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with offshore substation design, electrical
equipment and electrical protection & control systems.
- Good analytical skills
- Creative and innovative
- Strong personal leadership in HSSE and Quality
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to
business and technical personnel
- Demonstrated consistently high levels of performance in all
areas of responsibility
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, good team
player, and can deliver result independently regards to technical
- Ability to travel every month into the office for 3-5 days at a
- ERSG commits to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
within the renewable energy sector by cultivating an environment
deeply rooted in respect and inclusivity.
- By embracing individual uniqueness and differences in
perspective we aim to create a safe space for all employees
regardless of race, sex, age, religion, nationality, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ersg Ltd, New York , Electrical Substation Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!