Firmware / Hardware Engineer
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Title: Firmware / Hardware EngineerHours: Full-TimeLocation:
Brooklyn, NY (BioLite has a hybrid work model where employees are
in the office 3-4 days per week.)Reports to: Associate Director of
Hardware EngineeringCompensation: Salary range is $100,000 to
$115,000 depending on candidate experience. Our full offer includes
benefits like fully covered healthcare, a company bonus plan, and
equity stock options.Our Benefits:
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental, vision).
BioLite pays 100% of monthly premiums.
- PTO and family leave
- Free One Medical membership.
- Community bonus plan and equity stock options.
- Adventure Stipend (after two years)
- Community engagement activities - we celebrate each other's
wins and work as a team!About BioLite:BioLite is a for-profit
social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets
distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the
world. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1)
developing-world families living in energy poverty and 2) outdoor
enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and
electricity.BioLite believes in a bright and safe future for all,
and that includes life at work. BioLite is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace where we strive to enable everyone to show up
as their full selves. An inclusive environment and culture makes
our solutions better and our entire team smarter. We are committed
to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, or veteran status.This Role:As a Firmware / Hardware
Engineer at BioLite, you'll bring up robust, cost-effective,
creative hardware designs that will bring new energy products to
life and be used and relied upon by hundreds of thousands of
off-grid customers around the world.This role emphasizes firmware
but strongly recommends hands-on experience with hardware.
Candidates with a broad base in electronics and consumer products
are most likely to succeed in this role. PCBA design experience is
a strong plus.You Will:Develop firmware:
- Learn and write firmware for low-cost microcontroller
architectures such as ATtiny and STM32.
- Implement control systems, user interfaces, safety logic, and
various communication interfaces.
- Debug and test your own designs.
- Practice and promote coding best practices, style, version
control, etc.Hardware native:
- Review and inspect PCBAs in their native EDA software.
- Use the BioLite EE lab for basic rework and preparing test
- Apply electrical engineering fundamentals (power, RLCs,
- Use bench equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power
supply, digital load) for test and development.You Have:
- At least 3+ years experience working on consumer electronics or
- Proficiency with multiple microcontroller platforms.
- Proficiency in C for embedded systems.
- BONUS: Proficiency with an ECAD platform such as Altium, Eagle,
- BONUS: Proficiency in Python for host applications, scripting,
- BONUS: Proficiency with C++ and lightweight RTOS.To Apply:Your
application should include a PDF of your resume and cover letter
explaining why you would be a good fit for this position.
Keywords: BioLite, New York , Firmware / Hardware Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!