Tool Design Engineer
Company: Standard Motor Products
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job OverviewThis position plans, designs, builds, and
coordinates the integration of assembly and test tooling and
machinery into aftermarket automotive manufacturing processes. We
are seeking an individual with a strong background in tool,
fixture, and machine design.Job Responsibilities
- Design machines and tooling for assembly and testing of
automotive aftermarket products.
- Manage the quotation, purchasing, fabrication, assembly, and
troubleshooting of all assigned equipment designs.
- Responsible for timely completion and performance of all
designed equipment in cooperation with manufacturing
- Select tooling materials and specify heat treatment
- Work directly with controls engineers on the design and
implementation of controls systems when required.
- Provide training on how to safely operate tooling and
equipment.Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- At least 5 years of experience designing tools, fixtures, and
- Extensive knowledge of commercially available tooling
mechanisms and components.
- Extensive knowledge of motion controls, actuators, servos,
sensors, and pneumatics.
- Experience in controls integration.
- Experience in project oversight of machine building and
successful implementation into global manufacturing sites.
- Experience in designing and troubleshooting machines with
complex mechanical functions.
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing materials and
- Strong understanding of tight tolerance machining and part
- Excellent oral/written communication, problem-solving,
organizational, and PC skills.
Keywords: Standard Motor Products, New York , Tool Design Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!