Technical Writer, Upland (Remote) - $60,000/year USD
Company: Crossover for Work
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Crossover is the world's #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our
clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting
this role for our client, Upland. Have you got what it takes?Are
you a super-smart technical writer looking for an opportunity where
your great work will shine within your product team? Are you ready
to embrace the future of work by joining a fully remote
organization that builds amazing software products? Join us and you
will be a key member of a tight-knit and collaborative product team
that is working on exciting products that delight millions of users
worldwide.Upland is an enterprise cloud software company that
provides award-winning solutions in Project and IT Management,
Workflow Automation, and Digital Engagement. Upland's goal is 100%
customer success, achieved through a unified operating platform
that delivers the performance, scalability, and support that over
2,500 Upland customers worldwide demand every day.In this role, you
will be the go-to person for all documentation related to a product
in our portfolio. You will constantly improve your technical
writing skills and accelerate your career by joining a team of
technical writers who are obsessed with simplifying what others
have complicated, increasing the business value that end-users
receive from the software.What You Will Be Doing
- Write and maintain online help articles and release notes using
MadCap Flare that allow users to answer their product questions and
discover new functionality.
- Collaborate with the product team to stay on top of feature
developments and verify the accuracy of your documentation.
- Contribute to improving the company's overall documentation
strategy.Technical Writer Key Responsibilities
- Own all of the documentation for your product.
- Write great documentation that is clear, helpful and adheres to
the style guide.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and conduct research to
build expertise for your product.
- Be the primary point of contact for all documentation
requirements related to your product.Basic Requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer for software
- Experience using MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or another
single-source authoring tool.
- Daily work schedule with at least 4 hours of overlap with
standard US Eastern Time work hours.Nice-to-have Requirements
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience creating instructional videos.
- Experience with WordPress or another cloud-based CMSAbout
UplandUpland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leader in cloud-based
tools for digital transformation. The Upland Cloud enables
thousands of organizations to engage with customers on key digital
channels, optimize sales team performance, manage projects and IT
costs, and automate critical document workflows. The Upland Cloud
is backed by a 100% customer success commitment and the UplandOne
platform, which puts customers at the center of everything we
do.There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here
is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!Working with
CrossoverThis is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term
position. The position is immediately available and requires
entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover.
The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates
to $60,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per
year. The payment period is weekly. Consult
www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.What
to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
"screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific
assignments.Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other
emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting
https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already
applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover for Work, New York , Technical Writer, Upland (Remote) - $60,000/year USD, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!