Platform Automation Engineer
Company: Marsh and McLennan
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What can you expect?Marsh & McLennan (MMC) is the world's
leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy
and people. MMC s Development Center of Excellence (COE) has a
mandate to improve the speed, quality and cost of developed
solutions in MMC. The COE team are experts in Agile software
engineering, DevOps, test automation, and development tooling.We
are hiring for a DevOps Engineer to help build our standard CI/CD
pipeline as an InnerSource project, drive high quality development
teams experience and continuously improve the service. The role s
success will be demonstrated by the growth in adoption of our
standard pipeline, improved speed of delivery and automation
coverage. This role will interact directly with Development teams
("Dev"), Security & Risk teams ("Sec") and Infrastructure teams
("Ops") to work collaboratively toward a standard solution. This
role will be required to wear different hats depending on the
situation, but here are some likely scenarios: coaching teams on
adoption, challenging the status quo, troubleshooting a problem
with GitHub actions, evaluating alternative tools for their fit in
the pipeline, and many more. The role will report into the
Development COE DevOps Leader.We will count on you to:
- Understand modern development practices including the Dev COE s
North Stars and best practices and keep DevOps practices aligned.
This will include promoting strategy in the areas of test
automation, tooling, and other software engineering practices.
- Manage the common pipeline as an InnerSource product so the
roadmap is visible and contributions from teams are welcome.
- Be a lifelong learner with an appetite for improving your
craft, introducing change, and collaborating with like-minded
- Support our GitHub Enterprise Cloud environment, staying on top
of new features that can be used to improve our pipeline and
replace other tools.What you need to have:
- Expertise with CI/CD automation technologies; GitHub Actions
(primary), Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins.
- Proficient coding/scripting skills (e.g., Node.js, bash, C#,
Python, Groovy, Ruby, Java, PowerShell, YAML, etc.) primarily for
calling existing APIs
- Proficient knowledge of code quality tools like SonarQube &
CAST Highlight, and integration of these tools into CI/CD
- Proficient with containerization and orchestration
technologies; Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Familiarity with various development branching strategies and
how to setup optimized pipelines.
- Experience working with developers to build reusable build/test
pipeline components and workflows Primary technologies:
- GitHub/GitHub Actions
- Kubernetes, non-management
- Rancher, non-management
- Hashicorp Vault, non-management
- Arifactory-hosted package repositories and Docker registry,
- Apigee What makes you stand out:
- Past success delivering a DevOps pipeline for multiple clients
with different tech stacks.
- Past success delivering a DevOps pipeline in a hybrid
- Strong development and architecture experience.
- Strong security & risk experience.
Keywords: Marsh and McLennan, New York , Platform Automation Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!