Staff DevOps Engineer
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct
interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process
that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several
video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed
across the USA!
- DataBird journal's "Best Places" Best Companies for Diversity,
#1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal's " Best Places" Best Companies for Women, #4
2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join
our New Ventures team. Functioning as a startup inside Taskrabbit,
this team is pursuing a significant growth opportunity and bringing
a new venture to life. You will play an important role in helping
us launch and expand this new application and platform.
- Build and maintain CI / CD pipelines from scratch for testing
and releasing configuration and software.
- Monitor and resolve issues in all environments.
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting,
anticipating performance bottlenecks, and scaling the environment
- Design and implement zero-downtime to accomplish highly
available service (99.9%).
- Ensure systems are secure against cyberthreats.
- Automate tasks and develop tools to increase engineering
efficiency and visibility.
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between different
regions in cloud providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Manage web domain and security certificates.
- Troubleshoot production issues, including performance and
- At least 5+ years of experience in DevOps Space.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management
tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef.)
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and
other core AWS technologies, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF,
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker,
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in
containers (Docker or other containerisation technology)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet
application environments that include web, application, and
database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience working with a product that has end-users
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
- AWS Certification a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking
responsibility for problems and pushing through to
- Software development background is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects
people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do's, such as
furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
Acquired by IKEA Group - the world's largest furniture retailer -
At Taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more
familiar. Whether it's a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner,
moving help or delivery person, we're imagining a world where
everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a
company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, Taskrabbit was founded on the
premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has
grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of
creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained
Together with IKEA, we're creating more opportunities for people to
earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building
lasting relationships with clients in communities around the
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is
collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We're looking for
talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also
have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a
ton of fun while they're at it.
You'll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that
talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hubs across the US and EU
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most
talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people
you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our
team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable
community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are
inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions
when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in
which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and
leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all
over the world.
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental,
vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company match,
generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, productivity
and wellness stipends, learning and development opportunities,
career development trainings, Taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA
discounts, and more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran
status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working
with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with
physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable
Keywords: TaskRabbit, New York , Staff DevOps Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!