Civil Engineering Associate I - Highway/Roadway Design
Company: Michael Baker International
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Civil Engineering Associate I - Highway/Roadway Design will
primarily be responsible for civil roadway design and analysis of
civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads,
bridges, and airports. You will leverage your engineering knowledge
and skills to prepare basic studies, construction documents,
drawing, maps, reposts and supporting documentation and
- The best part being a Civil Associate I - Highway/Roadway in
Michael Baker International's office is that no two days will be
the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of
which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office designing transportation
infrastructure, preparing technical reports, construction drawings,
and construction cost estimates, as well as coordinating with
technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing
- On some days, you may make field visits to project sites to
investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael
Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation
challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients
and communities we serve! PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Master's degree a
- EIT certification required.
- 0 - 2 + years of progressive roadway/highway design with
previous internship experience. Traffic engineering experience is a
- Familiarity and experience with NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ design
standards is desirable.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people,
multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Strong English language skills, written and verbal are
essential to long term success in this role.
- Quickly get up to speed on our policies, relevant software,
company service offerings and client standards and procedures
relevant to your projects.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation and Microsoft
Office Suite. BENEFITS We offer a comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off COMPENSATION The salary range for this
position is $72,000 - $75,000. This will be dependent on the
experience and expertise of the incoming candidate. MICHAEL BAKER
INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION Michael Baker
International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal
employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of
employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free
workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and
background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker
International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042,
Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors,
and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is
found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that
all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in
limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an
accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for
any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Michael Baker International, New York , Civil Engineering Associate I - Highway/Roadway Design, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!