GSE TDY Skilled Mechanic
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance such as oil
changes, replacing/adding coolant and fluids, brake and tire
changes, etc. on ground equipment.
- Performs minor/major repair of ground support equipment such as
carburetors, starter motors, alternators, batteries, radiators,
hydraulic drive components, diesel engines, etc.
- Transports vehicles to be repaired by driving, towing or
pushing vehicle into service bay.
- Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or
broken parts, proper fluid levels and general wear.
- Troubleshoots problems with ground support and stationary
equipment. Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools
required for the repair. Completes work orders and provides status
on any "open" work orders.
- Ensures tools and equipment are maintained in an effective,
safe working condition.
- Orders parts, stocks parts and maintains inventory with
accurate record keeping.
- Assists GSE Mechanic (Skilled) as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the
appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this
- Basic Qualifications Pre-requisites:
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Valid In-State Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined
by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport
authority identification security. Experience:
- One+ year of relevant ground support equipment experience. Must
be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented
- ASE Certification (Society of Automotive Engineers), CIMM
(Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanic) or licenses in one or
more of the following disciplines is required:
- Refrigeration/Partial Refrigeration
- Welding/Partial Welding
- Hydraulics/Electrical/Mechanical on large industrial
- 400HZ/Generator/Ground Power Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Able to understand GSE manufactured manual.
- Knowledge of hydraulic system and experience with heavy ground
- Basic electrical knowledge. Preferred Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED. Experience:
- Two+ years of relevant ground support equipment experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry compliance safety rules, regulations,
procedures and applicable laws. Working Conditions
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts,
including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. We operate in a
shift bid environment. Work Environment:
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun, rain, sleet or snow!)
May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and
machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70
pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights
of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a
frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down stairs.
Keywords: Unifi, New York , GSE TDY Skilled Mechanic, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...