Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by
Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and
burnout epidemic. Thrive helps individuals and organizations
improve well-being, performance and mental resilience with its
AI-powered behavior change technology platform. Thrive's - small,
science-backed steps to improve health and productivity - have been
adopted by employees at more than 125 organizations in over 140
countries, from frontline and call center workers to executives at
As a machine learning engineer at Thrive, you will be a
foundational architect and developer of an AI platform for a
high-growth startup. That platform must handle a variety of
sources, including but not limited to streams from clicks, taps,
content and more. Similarly, a mixture of data consumers are on the
output side of the data platform. In addition to the executive
suite and business analysts, you will be developing the system
underlying Thrive's data science efforts which, ultimately, feed
back into the product for our end users. This challenge will
exercise the entire range of your skillset as an engineer-which
includes not only programming, but also the ability to gather
requirements from stakeholders across the business to create a
machine learning engineering roadmap as we are all product owners
here at Thrive.
If you're not sure that you're 100% qualified, but this sounds like
a role you would Thrive in - we want you to apply! We believe
skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long
This role is open to Senior engineers and above, Staff / Principal
variants exist for the right candidates.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys taking initiative
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible,
and has high energy to get work done
- Someone with a passion for changing the way people work and
live with demonstrated interest in topics like well-being,
productivity, neuroscience, behavioral sciences, and
How You'll Contribute:
- Partner closely across the data, platform, and product
engineering teams to train models to solve product problems and
productionize data science and machine learning artifacts.
- Contribute scalable solutions across various serving stacks at
the machine learning service and application layers.
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines and data systems
that support MLOps and business processes.
- Build and help set direction for ML infrastructure, such as
feature construction patterns, data and model monitoring, online &
offline scoring systems, and model usage patterns.
- Develop high-quality communication devices, such as dashboards,
notebooks, documents, and presentations, to effectively convey
insights to a broad audience.
- Define and advance our technical approach to scalable machine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics,
Software Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent work
- 5+ years of experience building systems in a Machine learning
Engineering role; experience within a start-up environment is
- Hands-on experience building data processing platforms in a
cloud environment ( Azure, or GCP), as well as the pipelines built
on top of them.
- Extensive experience with Python for data science and machine
learning software development e.g. Flask, FastAPI, Docker.
- Comfortability with data warehouses and transformation tools
such as BigQuery, dbt, Dagster.
- Industry experience with a track record of applying practical
methods to solve real-world problems on consumer scale
- Professionalism around collaborating in a remote working
environment and well tested, reproducible work.
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that's truly making a
difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive Global's mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic
by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based
solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and
create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has
shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must
pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we
prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and
productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to
accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their
lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
Compensation for this role depends on level, and will likely fall
in the $175K-140K range. We provide a competitive mix of salary,
performance bonus, and equity
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work
environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all
employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in
our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive's Recruiting
team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to
otherwise participate in the application process.
Keywords: Thrive, New York , Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!