Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Capital One
Location: New York
Posted on: October 12, 2018
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior DevOps Engineer As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at Capital One. In addition, you will bring strong expertise in AWS and excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love learning new technologies we re always evolving!
Who you are:
- An individual who is a leader and strives to do the right thing and not cut corners.
- You take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution.
- Believe in quality over quantity.
- You harness change and embrace new technology. What you ll do:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, managing infrastructure via CloudFormation or Terraform, and deploying Docker containers.
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for system.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Provide on-call support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Ansible, Terraform , Docker, Jenkins, Linux Shell Scripting, Ruby, and Python. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS.
- At least 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
- At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery. Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified AWS Architect.
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins.
- 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments.
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch new services, set new standards, and implement automation at a large scale At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify.
Associated topics: back end, c c++, c++, c#, developer, matlab, programming, sde, software engineer, sw
Keywords: Capital One, New York , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!