Cloud Engineer - Network
Company: IPC Systems, Inc.
Location: New Providence
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Location: IPC MH officeReporting To: Cloud Engineering Manager Job Profile
- Design, document, and implement infrastructure, processes, and automation for global complex environments
- Gather requirements, provide design, develop and deploy automation solutions that align with the defined roadmap
- Document designs, processes, projects, tools, standards and techniques
- Maintain network diagrams and blueprints
- Provide ongoing L3-4 operational support and troubleshooting in pre-production, production, and client's environments Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential:
- 5 plus years in complex networks and systems design, implementation, automation, and support.
- Strong networking knowledge (Firewalls / Proxies / Routing / Switching / Load Balancing / VPN). Current or former network certification is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and tools knowledge (packets and flows analysis)
- Experience in automation and orchestration
- Experience with Linux OS (Redhat/CentOS) and Windows
- Experience with scripting (Shells, Python, Perl, PHP, Java)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring (Nagios, Splunk) Desirable:
- WebRTC/VoIP experience is a big plus
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Infrastructure automation (Ansible)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with database deployment and administration (MangoDB, MySQL)
- Experience with standard web/application platforms (Apache/JBOSS/Tomcat)
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, OpenStack)
- Experience with SAN technology Competencies Result DrivenDrive, focus and commitment to deliver results that meet the requirements of internal customers along with the passion for quality and getting the right results in the right way. Ability to work to tight schedules/deadlines and multitask. Customer FocusAbility to appreciate the needs of internal and external customers and colleague's business priorities and act accordingly to TeamworkInternal communication is always a team effort. It is important to have the ability to interact positively and confidently with others and have the resilience, determination and focus to succeed in shared objectives Pushing BoundariesThe ability to challenge the status quo and actively look for new approaches and inspiration to improve the department's results and processes. The ability to approach tasks in a creative and fresh manner. Operational ExcellenceA passion for quality and a practical focus on getting the right results in the right way. Ensuring that decisions are fully implemented. AgilityThe ability to anticipate and plan for significant changes in the organization, markets and customer requirements. Understand the need for change and help others to see the benefits by overcoming barriers. LeadershipInspiring others through creating a compelling vision of the future ensuring decisions fit with overall business strategy. Understand the impact of personal leadership style on others. - provided by Dice network and systems design, automation, network knowledge
Keywords: IPC Systems, Inc., New York , Cloud Engineer - Network, Engineering , New Providence, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!