Project Engineer Rail & Transit Facilities
Location: New York
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Parsons is engaged in some of the most interesting and
transformative urban transportation and infrastructure projects in
the United States. We have a long history of involvement with a
large number of prime transportation agencies and infrastructure
clients across the country and have locally participated in the
design and construction of all commuter rail and transit lines. We
are currently delivering multiple assignments via both Federally
and State funded Task Order contracts.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to lead
rail/transit tasks and projects in our New York City office. We
will provide training and certification to move into a Project
Management position as the next step for your career.
In this role you will integrate the various engineering,
scheduling, procurement, construction, and start-up aspects of
large, complex projects or studies in accordance with contractual
obligations. May additionally manage subtasks of a significantly
large and complex project or study. You will be responsible for the
technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project,
including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of
materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance, in
addition to managing the design delivery within budget and
- Develops the engineering work approach, schedules, and budgets
for the assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet
schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes
in scope. Supports invoicing of assigned tasks.
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes,
standards, and procedures are followed and that quality is
acceptable. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of
assigned technical personnel and makes reassignments as project
needs arise. Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective
action as necessary, and recommends salary actions. Also provides
training and development opportunities for assigned personnel.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical
personnel on the project, as well as the assignment of personnel
from other technical support groups within the company.
- Participates in the development and execution of
- Prepares technical, including identification of scope changes,
and budgetary progress reports for assigned tasks.
- Assist Project Manager with overall Contract management to
prepare for Parsons Project Management Certification.
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 10+ years of related project engineering and design
- Design engineering experience with Rail/transit projects is
- Prefer experience with New York and New Jersey commuter rail
and transit agencies
- Broad general engineering background
- Previous supervisory experience in a project engineering role
- Professional registration is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to perform in a leadership/supervisory capacity,
with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability/Interest to become a Certified Parsons Project Manager
within 3 years Associated topics: building, calculation, civil
engineer, department of transportation, draft, draw, foundation
design, land, remediation, structural analysis
Keywords: Parsons, New York , Project Engineer Rail & Transit Facilities, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!