Cloud Engineer, Deployment
Company: SAS Institute
Location: New York
Posted on: May 22, 2019
We are currently seeking a Cloud and Deployment Engineer to join
our team in Cary, NC. In this role, you will provide technical
pre-sales and post-sales support to our clients utilizing extensive
knowledge of industry processes. You will work closely with Product
Management, R&D, testing and pre-sales systems engineers to aid
in the effective deployment and utilization of JMP Live at an
JMP Live is a web-based collaborative analytics platform for JMP,
the premiere product for statistical discovery from SAS. We are
using the most modern Web technologies to create a product with
JMP's signature interactivity, reaching new customers on desktop
and mobile platforms. Examples of our visualizations are found on
the public and open version of JMP live at:
* Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage
* Builds a trusted relationship with the sales teams and account
stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and
technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations
to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations
outlining the proposed software functional capabilities,
competitive advantages and business benefits.
* Delivers technical architecture-related information, leads
technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture, security,
sizing, deployment and infrastructure questions when necessary.
* Develops required client relationships in order to gain client
trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and
internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually
beneficial long-term JMP/client relationships.
* Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and
industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities
created by these trends.
* Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document
technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
* Plans and implements, in conjunction with the sales teams,
customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account
* Provides demonstration and business development support at
vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
* Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product
positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
* Strategizes with sales teams on objectives of customer meetings,
understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and
provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
* Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to
acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core
components of JMP offerings.
* Assists with the training of staff.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering,
MIS, or related field. Master s degree preferred.
* 3 years of enterprise software experience working in the support,
architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus.
Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit.
* Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.
* Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory.
* Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or
* Knowledge of Windows Server operating system.
* Excellent customer facing skills including experience with
customer needs analysis and presentations.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Ability to travel up to 30% travel required.
* Cloud application deployment.
* Experience with on premise and web authentication.
* Knowledge of with client/server applications.
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare,
OpenStack, Docker or Kubernetes.
* Experience with performance measurement and load balancing.
* Familiarity with databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
* Experience using REST APIs.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant
experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, New York , Cloud Engineer, Deployment, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!