Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Komodo Health
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About the TeamThe Infrastructure Team's mission is to accelerate
our engineering teams by providing automated, reliable, scalable,
observable, and secure infrastructure and services. Whether it's
ingesting data, developing new models, or running ad-hoc analytics
- we want them to do so quickly, efficiently, and with high
confidence in our infrastructure. This is an opportunity to join a
growing company, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in
diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what
lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex,
real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Some
of the tools we use are: Python, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker,
Postgres, Git, Airflow, and Flask.
About Komodo HealthKomodo Health is building the most advanced
platform for healthcare intelligence. Our solutions drive a more
transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. As a
fast-growing startup that has already partnered with multiple
Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been
designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value
our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive
debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that "wow" our
About the RoleWe're seeking a senior, hands-on, and highly
motivated Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help us scale our AWS,
Kubernetes, and Shared Services infrastructure. Our Shared Services
infrastructure are available globally to the entire company and
help engineering teams move fast by providing robust infrastructure
out of the box with minimal ramp-up time. The candidate must have
experience with AWS, scripting with Python, container technologies
and general system administration knowledge. The candidate will be
comfortable going from the whiteboard design of a system all the
way to the nuances of implementation.
- Maintain and improve our Kubernetes clusters powering
everything from data pipelines to ad-hoc analytics
- Architect and implement AWS infrastructure according to design
and security best practices
- Automate infrastructure with Terraform, CloudFormation, and
Python to ensure we have consistent infrastructure
- Develop tooling that will help engineers interact with our
- Dive deep into AWS technologies and find ways we can improve
and optimize our infrastructure
- Provide operational support for our organization-wide
infrastructure such as Postgres, Jenkins and Elasticsearch
- Build and maintain shared Docker images used by engineering
- Ensure our teams have the right level of observability by
helping them implement monitoring, logging, and alerting solution
- Stay up-to-date on the latest AWS services and features and
find ways they can improve our infrastructure
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- You have excellent programming skills in Python, C++, or other
- You have hands-on experience working with AWS infrastructure
especially compute, storage, networking, and database services
- You have a strong background in operating systems, distributed
systems, large scale software engineering
- You have experience building large scale, low-latency
distributed systems using open source tools
- You have experience with Kubernete, Docker, and containers in
- You're able to work as part of a collaborative team in a
- You're interested in working at a startup and scaling with the
company as we grow
- You possess a sense of curiosity and the ability to think
thoroughly about problems and develop robust solutions.
- You're able to communicate effectively, work cross-functionally
and provide technical leadership
- You have a demonstrated track record of success and engineering
- You possess a strong DevOps and partnership mindset
- You're humble, respectful, and appreciate the diversity within
our Engineering organization
- Experience in a regulated environment such as HIPAA, SOC2, or
- Experience supporting multi-region AWS environments
- AWS certifications
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401k plan with employer match.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Health and commuter
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy.
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events.
- Awesome team and culture.
- Great office locations in San Francisco (SOMA) and New York
- Community involvement through our philanthropy group, Komodo
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The opportunity to help scale a team and company and work with
At Komodo Health, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate
it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our
employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud
to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Keywords: Komodo Health, New York , Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!