Office Engineer- DEP
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Office Engineer- DEPDescriptionThe Buildings & Infrastructure Line
of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the
private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the
communities we live in by creating world-class projects that
transform the future development patterns of those communities. We
provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering,
architectural and interior design, construction and program
management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business
model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our
integrated services, and provide our employees with growth
opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients
local programs.We consistently receive high rankings from
Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including
the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green
Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.Our new
hire will provide you with the opportunity to serve as the Office
Engineer for the construction of heavy civil construction. You
should be a self-motivated professional a proven successful track
record as an office engineer in a heavy civil construction
environment, along with a desire to grow both personally as well as
professionally with each construction project.Our Inspectors/Office
- Demonstrated ability in: Preparing and/or reviewing payment
applications, performing desk audits of contractor billings,
ensuring proper documentation is received from Contractors for all
aspects of contract, preparing monthly reports, monitoring
contracts, preparing Project Meeting Minutes, preparing general
- Shop drawing tracking and distribution.
- Notify Contractors immediately of all new Change Orders and
Time and Material work; ensure tracking and signing tickets daily
for all Time and Material work; ensure that Change Order work and
Time and Material work is accurately documented on Daily
- s Reports.
- Ensure construction photos are taken on a regular basis and are
properly filed under the system developed and maintained by the
Project Controls Manager.
- Attend technical meetings and CPM update meetings as required.
Prepare input for the monthly report as required.
- Maintain documentation for Contract Closeout including
requirements for Controlled Inspections, Occupation or Use Prior to
Completion, Substantial Completion, Spare Parts turnover log and CM
Equipment Tracking Logs.
- Display strong organizational, communication and interpersonal
skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team
environment with multiple deadlines and oversight of a team of
- Assist Environmental, Health, and Safety Professionals with
site safety verifications of the Contractor work activities,
notifying Contractors of, and documenting concerns.
- Tracking of extra work, net cost work, classified item work.
Capable of following through with contract closeouts
- Experience working on Green Infrastructure Construction
- Minimum 3 years of experience is required
- Must be proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports
using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Must possess the physical ability to move around an active
- College or Associates degree
- Experience with NYC DEP
- Proficient with web based construction document management
- Excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to
- Working knowledge of construction scheduling and document
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict
resolution, and participating in diverse teams
- Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation,
team-oriented work practices, and strong data analysis & technical
problem solving skillsAt Jacobs, we help prepare people for new
opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level,
openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets
and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you
can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program
to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace
injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at
Jacobs.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is drug-free
workplace.Primary Location United States-New York-New YorkReq ID:
Keywords: Jacobs, New York , Office Engineer- DEP, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!