Company: NTT Data Inc
Location: New York
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Title: Accessibility Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6+ Months
Accessibility Engineer - Dev. is responsible for supporting and
equipping our Product Design and Engineering teams to ensure
successful delivery of our accessible digital products. This person
will be supporting all aspects of integrating accessibility into
design and deployment:
* Partner with Accessibility Design team in building A11y into
Product Design by:
* helping understand how users experience products using Assistive
* participating in and contribute in Accessible Design
* identifying how design intent affects A11y AC (Acceptance
* Partner with Engineering teams during development ensuring A11y
AC is being met by:
* ensuring feature functionality has A11y AC written /
* helping engineers understand the A11y AC.
* answering technical how-to questions for A11y in Web, IOS &
* helping engineers test and validate A11y AC.
* Support 3rd-Party Audits by:
* reviewing 3rd-Party findings, test results
* re-test, verify reported findings if reported issue is
* create A11y user stories, defects for A11y findings
* help triage, prioritize A11y issues with product and provide A11y
context, guidance on how to remediate A11y findings.
* Analyze validation test results looking for
* training opportunities
* engineering methods needing correction
* components needing a11y refinements
* processes lacking appropriate a11y support.
* Attend relevant stand-ups and status meetings.
* Bring a depth of development and technical knowledge that
complements and strengthens a culture beginning to apply a11y
practices in design, engineering and QA.
* Apply accessibility knowledge to a wide range of client digital
properties including but not limited to responsive websites, mobile
applications, hybrids and digital documents.
* Stay up-to-date on current and existing trends in the
* Partner with Design A11y, Design System teams and Engineering
A11y Leads to develop, promote the adoption and integration of
accessibility policies, procedures, and standards.
* Ability to think from an end-user perspective
* Commitment to meeting high expectations of end users
* Solid experience testing with all common screen readers (JAWS,
NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack), keyboard only, and other
* Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and
techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including
WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA)
* Ability to partner with various cross-functional teams for
direction and consistency
* Providing leadership when necessary
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Familiarity with Responsive Web Design and mobile apps
* Fluency in the software development lifecycle
* Strong understanding of supporting products in a SAFe environment
specifically how current/future work is scheduled to come through
planning, design, engineering and 3rd-party validation efforts
* Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation
* Ability to train and coach colleagues on various accessibility
* Ability to promote and share the importance of accessibility
* Understanding the overlap between user experience and
* Ability to analyze (Android, iOS, web) code and employ
problem-solving skills to recommend best solution
* Knowledge of mobile accessibility best practices on Android and
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and
makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business
needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual
orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To
comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities
to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make
reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability
who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the
Company would result.
Keywords: NTT Data Inc, New York , Accessibility Engineer, Engineering , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!