Company: Grant Thornton LLP
Location: New York
Posted on: December 5, 2019
- Plan, conduct and manage SOC readiness assessments, assessing
the design of controls, assess the fair representation of controls,
testing of controls as of a point in time and over a period of time
and report writing/development.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including
performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project
financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals,
capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other
thought leadership material
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict client confidentiality.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to
embrace and manage change.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work
effectively with client management and staff at all levels to
gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to
promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients
and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully
accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and
assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without
sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA, license/certification.
- Experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering and
managing related audit services with experience in a medium- to
large-sized public accounting firm.
- Mastered the processes of preparing engagement working papers,
and is able to teach others.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system
audits, as well as business process control reviews.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive
- Client service and communication skills with a demonstrated
ability to develop and maintain outstanding client
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities
in a rapidly growing, fast-paced interactive, results-based team
- Leadership, business development, recruiting, training,
coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written,
interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation
software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
- Audit, internal audit, IT audit, SOC1 and SOC2 experience is
- Practice development experience is required
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP, New York , Managing Director, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!