Director, Outsourced Vendor Relationship Management
Company: Metroplus Health Plan
Location: New York
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Marketing StatementMetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest
quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn,
Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of
products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid
Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in
Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned
subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health
system in the United States, MetroPlus? network includes over
27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating
clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to
building strong relationships with its members and providers to
enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.?Position
Overview?The Director, Outsourced Vendor Relationship Management,
reporting to the COO, will own the entire vendor management process
from procurement to renewal/termination. Responsible for driving
operational excellence and act as the senior executive for vendor
contacts. Provide leadership in the standardization of purchasing,
contracting, service delivery and solutions for the organization.
Direct and coordinate activities, forecasting, and performance of
all MetroPlus vendors. Identify and nurture relationships with
vendor partners in order to promote a sustainable, profitable and
cost-effective supply chain. Lead and grow a team of accountable
vendor managers.Job Description
- Directly responsible for the performance and results of all
- Maintain strategic vendor alignment with MetroPlus? goals &
- Develop MetroPlus? vendor management principles, and execute
against a cross-functionally vetted strategy (including driving
RFIs and RFPs) to scale vendor operations (support, risk,
- Lead and grow a team of both senior and junior vendor
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with key internal
and external stakeholders to strategically develop, implement and
optimize vendor management processes, tools and policies to achieve
performance objectives while mitigating vendor risk
- Develop robust vendor relationships to maintain effective
communication channels and ensure ongoing alignment across several
- Manage all contract negotiations and relationship management
for all key vendor relationships, including defining service level
agreements and implementation of incentive plans aligned with
delivering best in class support?
- Lead discovery and research of new vendors/technologies?
- Own forecasting and subsequent vendor capacity across all
departments and lines of business?
- Manage governance structure and key contacts to ensure the
appropriate vendor interaction takes place to support MetroPlus
- Oversee monitoring of vendor performance against contractual
obligations to ensure overall effectiveness of vendor provided
services with the utilization of vendor performance dashboards,
scorecards and/or reports
- Proactively engage with corporate departments to support
initiatives and strategies associated with key metrics for the
unique partnership and the growth of that partnership
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are
developed, issued, tracked and reported onMinimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree (MBA or graduate degree preferred)?
- 10+ years? experience managing > 50 BPO vendors?
- 7-10 years expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration,
development and compliance managing 10 or more direct reports
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor
- Talent in negotiations and networking?
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management?
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers?
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Minimum 5 years? experience working at a health plan
- Ability to assume a consulting role with executive management
and external executives.
- Creative problem-solving skills, a win-win
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication
Keywords: Metroplus Health Plan, New York , Director, Outsourced Vendor Relationship Management, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!