Company: European Wax Center
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The District Manager is responsible for the overall operations of
the European Wax Centers in Brooklyn, NY, ensuring the overall
integrity of the European Wax Center brand, and that the Centers in
the district meet all financial and operating goals. The District
Manager is responsible for leading Center operations and the direct
supervision of Center Managers, ensuring that all managers and
Associates provide excellence from a guest experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and executing the
overall business staffing plan and ensuring proper staffing levels
are maintained by each Center Manager to ensure each guest receives
the ultimate wax experience on each and every visit, build sales,
and maximizes profitability.
- Oversees the human resource management function to ensure 100%
compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations,
company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Creates, delivers and follows up on Individual Development
Plans for all Center Managers.
- Provides performance feedback and recognition to all Center
Managers on an ongoing and timely basis to include manager
one-on-ones and performance appraisals.
- Holds all Center Managers accountable for contributing to team
and company objectives.
- Creates and maintains an open door policy with Center Managers
and Associates allowing for open and honest communication,
consistency of standards, and appreciation for contributions and
- Provides direction to all Center Managers for performance
management of Associates.
- Effectively trains and develops Center Managers. Ensures Center
Managers coach, train, and hold Associates accountable for center
standards and performance.
- Oversees the creation, delivery and follow up on performance
improvement plans for managers when needed.
- Conducts informative and focused Center Manager meetings that
include a written agenda.
- Ensures effective communication occurs to and amongst all
Center Managers and Associates.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with all Center
Managers, Associates, EWC Corporate and third party vendors
ensuring positive morale and providing a fun work environment.
- Follows up and ensures recognition and reward programs are in
place in each Center to recognize superior performance.
- Models exemplary leadership behaviors and skills and ensures
all managers follow this lead.
- Ensures Business Review process is used effectively to
communicate and review expectations with Center Managers and
- Ensures that all Center Managers and Team Members are guest
focused first, and exceed the guest's expectations by delivering
the ultimate wax experience to each and every guest on each and
- Responds to guest comments and criticism in a constructive,
positive and timely manner, looking at such as an opportunity to
build guest loyalty. Educates and empowers Center Managers and team
members to act in a similar manner.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with members of
businesses and other organizations in the community.
- Drives brand loyalty by leading and outstanding internal and
external guest experience in all Centers.
- Accountable to ensure Managers and Associates are trained to
establish trust and build guest confidence by becoming experts in
package sales and products, to reach their goals and produce
- Actively looks for, identifies, and implements techniques to
attract new guests.
- Delivers superior social media reputation results through
ensuring outstanding guest service and takes appropriate actions to
- Ensures adherence to all management and team member training
standards, ensuring all are properly trained to deliver the
ultimate guest experience.
- Delivers superior Reputation Scores through ensuring superior
- Provides superior guest experience through ensuring all
Managers and Associates adhere to EWC published policies,
procedures, scripts, training standards and individual
- Understands the business of Revealing Beautiful Skin and is
able to utilize Key Performance Indicators to drive positive
- Ensure all Center Managers adhere to company-specific systems,
tools, and procedures.
- Coordinates center maintenance management with Center Managers.
Track fixes and mitigate deficiencies.
- Ensure Center Managers comply with applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations with regard to safety standards to
ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure Center Managers comply with applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations with regard to Wax Associate
- Organizes and leads monthly Center Manager update on sales
performance, costs, and key performance indicator results.
- Keeps current on and ensures implementation of new programs,
policies, procedures and promotions.
- Ensure all Centers adhere to all city, county, state, and
federal laws and regulations.
- Proactively maintains and manages all Center interior and
exterior facilities, ensuring all Centers are kept in "like new"
condition and meet European Wax Center Corporate published
- Submits all deliverables in a timely manner.
- Drives superior results in the Mystery Shopper and Center
Evaluation programs.Sales and Profit
- Produces results consistent with monthly goals. Sets and
ensures accountability of Centers in meeting or exceeding key
- Takes ownership and accountability for creating a positive work
environment that increases productivity and reduces turnover, by
sharing all best practices.
- Communicates business goals and priorities to maximize
associate performance, increase sales opportunities, and
- Approves all Center Manager schedules to maximize center
operations, efficiency, and revenue.
- Ensures all Center Managers continually grow sales through
providing an outstanding guest experience.
- Maintains center presence throughout the District ensuring
effective floor sales leadership and ensuring appropriate staff
coverage in all areas of the center.
- Analyzes business reports, strategizes, creates and executes
effective business action plans.
- Possess strong personal knowledge and ensures all Center
Managers possess solid knowledge of labor control and cost of goods
- Ensures all centers meet or exceed budget goals, react to
trends, and trouble shoots problem areas.
- Understands and provides input to period business review and
annual operating plans.
- Reviews business results daily and reacts immediately to any
change in business trends by developing and implementing corrective
actions when necessaryTalent Management
- Understands and communicates the company's vision and core
values to promote teamwork, and partner in building a team focused
on driving the growth of the centers.
- Recruit, interview, select, hire and retain the most qualified
individuals for Center Managers.
- Oversee Center Managers in the hiring of Associates.
- Leverages all available recruiting methods and teaches Center
Managers to do the same.
- Provides appropriate feedback in the moment, during weekly
touch bases and in the performance planning and review
- Celebrates positive performance and partners with management to
identify performance opportunities for ongoing feedback and
- Ensures clear career paths are outlined, teaches Center
Managers to do the same. Coaches associates on current and future
- Creates a learning environment by implementing brand programs
in sales, guest service and product knowledge.
- Attend Strut meetings and bi-weekly manager calls.
- Maintains an open center environment where Center Managers and
Associates are free to express their concerns and feelings without
free of retaliation or ill will.
- Motivate Managers to take action to achieve sales goals and
drive positive results daily.
- Develops Center teams by sharing Best Practices between all
- Demonstrates professional written and verbal communication when
engaging in all business transactions with guests, Associates and
the Corporate Office.
- Administers Performance Improvement Plans when necessary, in a
fair and consistent manner.Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong
organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written
and verbal communications skills.
- Minimum of three years' experience in a multi service or
specialty store environment.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to appropriately deal with associates and guests.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong emphasis/experience in operations and customer service
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing
- Must maintain confidential information, adhere to and enforce
company policies, programs, and compliance issues.
- Is self-motivated and a go getter. Is accountable, punctual,
organized, and reflects the Brand.The duties of this position may
change from time to time..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: European Wax Center, New York , District Manager, Executive , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!