Project manager - water
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Our Iselin, NJ office is currently looking to add a Project Manager
with Water Resources experience to join our Water/Wastewater team.
In this position you be tasked with the overall project management
of Water Supply projects including, water supply wells, water
treatment plants, transmission and distribution mains, water
storage tanks, relief sewers, gravity sewer extensions, pumping
stations, and force main facilities. Projects have included new
construction, retrofits, and rehabilitation of a variety of
* Provides administrative and technical management over more than
one water resources or water treatment projects.
* Responsible for establishing and periodically reviewing
time-and-hour budgets and meeting those budgets on the projects he
or she personally manages.
* Periodically reviews project schedule and progress on the
projects he or she personally manages.
* Outlines more difficult problems and methods of approach for
* Supervises or coordinates several varied assignments
* Maintains liaison with individuals outside the firm.
* Identifies potential business development with existing clients
and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process.
* Presents contract to client for signature.
* Maintains continued relationship with client after project is
finished to assure securing future work the client may have.
* Reviews and analyzes a variety of scientific data to determine
requirements to meet objectives.
* Assists client as required to monitor performance of
* Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving
responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of
relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more-diverse
* Serves as the firm's responsible contact with specific
* Applies intensive/diversified knowledge of engineering/scientific
principals/practices in broad areas of assignment and related
* Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on
analysis of collected data.
* B.S. Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
* 10-15 years experience in the project management and design of
Water Treatment or Water Resources project required
* Successful candidate will show strong design and management of
Water related projects.
* Prior experience as a technical lead to less experienced
engineers will be considered
* Working knowledge of hydraulic computer modeling of water or
wastewater systems preferred.
* PE or ability to obtain within one-year in the state of NJ/NY
* Self starter with ability to lead and manage people and
* Organized and deadline oriented.
* Experience with AutoCad, Civil3D or similar software required
* Experience with Revit preferred
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defence, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, New York , Project manager - water, Executive , Iselin, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!