Director, It Service Process Management
Company: Montefiore Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Director, Service Process Management
In IT Service Management, we re about the customers, their
experience with technology, and connecting the dots in between. We
re about mapping out simple processes that produce real value and
deliver solid services. We re about measuring what matters, and
continuous service improvement. We don t worry about going the
extra mile, we do it willingly. Our team thrives on success through
exemplifying these core values in everything we do- Passion,
Purpose, Patience, Positive and Pride. We care about doing what s
right and not just what s easy. We listen, we learn, and we
communicate to everyone and all the time. We are service, with a
Our IT Service Management department (ITSM) is 95 people strong and
growing. We are seeking a Director of Service Process Management
where the voice of the customer and continuous service improvements
are paramount. In this mission-critical role, the Director will
oversee the Service Management components of the organization. The
Director will be responsible for orchestrating service definitions,
metrics and a service-oriented approach for the organization,
aligned with and effectively enabling the overall mission and
strategic goals of Montefiore around IT & Service Process Delivery.
The Director will work on continuous improvement of communication
and training plans for executing the processes. This individual is
a big thinker, excited by the opportunity to grow and will lead a
best in class team to drive the following items:
* Maturing already defined ITIL processes, specifically incident,
problem, request, change, configuration, and service level
management processes, measuring effectiveness of these processes
and pursuing continuous service improvements on an ongoing
* Strategizing, developing, implementing and managing processes for
onboarding new technologies/product services that require
collaboration with providers external to Montefiore.
* Understanding the importance of customer experience and how it
ties back to process, and acting as a change agent where
* Driving the improvement of all service processes and implementing
processes that will have continuous long-term benefits.
* Communicating and training all support teams on process
definition and instrumentation, including oversight of necessary
training during roll-out stages.
* Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s) are aligned with
and supporting all standardized processes, and are reviewed/amended
as changes to the process are rolled out.
* Measuring the process effectiveness and efficiency and providing
a roadmap for improvement and maturity over time.
* Generating reports, and sharing metrics with line-level managers,
directors, regional directors, senior management and business
leaders on a regular basis, with a focus on key performance
indicators (KPI s) aligned with industry best practices.
* Actively participating with support teams in IT, for
understanding of process challenges, tool enhancement requests, and
general resource concerns.
* Ongoing participation in tool instrumentation recommendations and
alignment with new and evolving industry practices.
* Bachelors/Masters or equivalent experience
* 7+ years implementing ITIL processes as a practitioner- with a
proven record of success
* 10+ years in a managerial role within IT, overseeing a support
* Knowledge of IT systems, networking and IT operations
* Deep-rooted knowledge of ITIL Processes; ITIL Certification at an
intermediate/practitioner level. Six Sigma/LEAN is also
* Prior experience working in Hospital & Healthcare is
* Strong reporting and analysis skills, and knowledge of KPI
s/standards in the support industry
* Strong presentation skills, especially in large audiences,
senior/executive management, and business relationships
* Strong mastery of language and editing skills, for document
* Strong skill with flow charting and process depiction with
* Strong management/leadership skills: Foster a spirit of teamwork
and unity; delegate effectively; coach, mentor, develop, motivate
and empower staff.
* Combination of business acumen and IT expertise
* Ability to deep-dive with IT professionals and then provide clear
and informative briefings to the management team
* Previous experience driving continuous service improvement
* Fluid thinker, thought leader
* Must be comfortable with ambiguity and competing priorities and
have a high tolerance for risk
* Strong report development (Crystal, Boxi, Xtraction Dashboarding)
* Familiarity with the CA Service Desk tool is an advantage, as is
Six Sigma training
Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Montefiore Medical Center. Montefiore, the University Hospital for
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is one of healthcare s most
wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health
Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of
technology to support clinical care and patient safety and privacy,
infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the
continuum of care.
Our experts deploy new technologies, define new business processes
and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources
needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT
employee, you ll have ample opportunities to transform patient
care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical
workings of one of the nation s top academic medical centers. Join
us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through
advanced IT solutions! Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non
Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 110689
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore
will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge
associates in all job classifications without regard to their race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship
status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military
status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Montefiore Medical Center, New York , Director, It Service Process Management, Executive , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!