Associate Director - Technical Accounting
Company: Eisai (digital)
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Eisai, caring for people is our work. Satisfying unmet medical
needs and increasing benefits to patients, their families, and
caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. This
includes the development of innovative medicines-notably the
discovery of the world's most widely used treatment for Alzheimer's
disease. As a young company growing at a fast pace, Eisai offers
its employees an opportunity to thrive. We understand and
appreciate that our employees are our greatest asset, and are
committed to providing a work environment that will attract and
retain talent. Eisai enables and empowers all employees to make
significant hhc contributions. That is our quest. That is our
promise. That is what makes us Eisai.Job SummaryThe Associate
Director, Technical Accounting is a critical member of the
Accounting organization. Key responsibilities include providing
technical accounting guidance to the organization, managing and
updating accounting policies, providing leadership on GAAP to IFRS
adjustments, supporting the month end close process, providing
oversight on the JSOX process and managing the external audit
- Oversee technical accounting in connection with Parent Company
via research on and analysis of complex accounting issues, applying
relevant technical guidance and interpretation.
- Analyze and author position papers for significant and
non-standard transactions by identifying accounting implications
and applying appropriate accounting rules and literature.
- Continuously monitor, document and communicate the development
of new accounting standards, interpretations, and emerging guidance
to the finance organization, including current and future impact on
- Support Accounting team in Consolidation process and GAAP to
- Manage the annual US GAAP Audited Financial Report
- Support technical accounting queries from audit firms and
external agencies; key point of contact for external auditors.
- Responsible for maintaining list of contract obligations and
create accounting summaries for key contracts.
- Oversee, implement and maintain the companys accounting
policies and monitor compliance.
- Support acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provide training on new or existing accounting standards to
- Assist Controller with oversight of JSOX process for accounting
- Support monthly close process and related improvement
- BA bachelors degree required, accounting concentration
- Minimum 10 years experience; mix of public accounting and
industry experience strongly preferred
- CPA Required
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience is highly preferred
- Pharma/Biotech experience is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls/compliance;
SEC reporting experience is a plus
- Candidate must have excellent documentation and communication,
both written and verbal, skills.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate and positively influence
cross-functional peers and leaders.
- SAP / TM1 experience a plus.The competencies essential for
success in this role are:
- Leadership - leading by example without relying on
- Accountability - having the confidence and competence
- Mobility - moving forward with agility and flexibility
- Perseverance - relentless pursuit of excellenceEisai is an
equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and
in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations,
Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of
disability, including disabled veterans.Eisai Inc. participates in
E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the
Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social
Security Administration that allows participating employers to
electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires
in the United States. Please click on the following link for more
information:Right To WorkE-Verify Participation
Keywords: Eisai (digital), New York , Associate Director - Technical Accounting, Executive , Madison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!