Office Manager and Creator of First Impressions
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We are looking for someone to be the nexus of everything we do:
create a new home for us as we move to our our waterfront office,
manage the day-to-day operations of the pirate ship that will
transform the $3 trillion fashion industry, and ensure that
Resonance is the most inspiring and creative place to be for our
team and for people who visit us.
We are a collection of companies (some existing, many more to be
formed) that are maniacally focused on a singular mission: to build
creation-driven fashion brands that are valuable and sustainable
using our technology platform, create.ONE. Resonance is a platform
to attract the best and the brightest inside and outside of this
industry who share the passion to change it and courage to DO
SOMETHING REALLY FUCKING BIG!
Don't believe we can do this? Check out this video . Want to find
out more? Read our annual shareholder letter . Don't want to do
something really fucking big because you are offended by the
F-bomb? We're the wrong place for you...
We want to be the canvas upon which the future of this industry
will be painted. We are a holding company consisting of brands,
technology, and services. We are the enabler in which creators of
brands, creators of technology, creators of process, creators of
innovation transform this simultaneously beautiful and terrible
industry into one that celebrates creation and embraces
environmental and social responsibility. We are opportunity and
value for everyone who is a part of it.
You want to DO SOMETHING REALLY FUCKING BIG with your career, with
your life, with the impact you make on this planet. You can keep
the sand out of our gears and keep us running smoothly and
efficiently. You can manage the balance between inspiration and
business execution. You are part host, part air traffic controller,
part prioritizer, part negotiator, part creator, part implementer,
part enabler, part tuner and, when all Hell breaks loose, the calm
in a storm.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Support and help cultivate an amazing office culture.
- Project manage the move to our new offices in February.
- Nurture a diverse community of fashion creators, engineers,
business gurus and brand geniuses in our day-to-day activities,
weekly events/team meetings and longer-term projects.
- Manage the first impression of everyone who visits our new home
- as your grandma always said, "you can only make a first
- Onboard new fashion creators and Resonance team members and
integrate them into both our physical and cultural
- Oversee and manage our administrative functions.
- Maintain and update internal company resources, including
intranet, directories, and process guidelines.
- Manage a budget for office operations while you proactively
manage and optimize all expenditures.
- Schedule and coordinate events throughout the year such as
retreats and team and community meetings.
- Be our day-to-day face, welcoming our guests and interacting
with all our team and broader community members.
- Ensure that our space is perfect in every way, organized,
spotless, welcoming and inviting.
- Make sure that everything that needs to get done, gets
- An amazingly friendly, enthusiastic and nurturing
- Project manager with awesome ability to juggle chainsaws,
machetes, burning sticks, and puppies at the same time.
- At least 3-5 years of experience preferably in hospitality or a
creative production role such as stage and/or events
- Experience working in creative organizations, fashion, in
particular, is a plus.
- Extremely organized and productive and with your own "office
hacks" to prove it!
- Detail oriented.
- A keen sense of prioritization.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience in managing budgets, contracts and vendor
relations (you should be good at Excel).
- Success at managing in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced
environment where uncertainty and chaos reign at times.
- A true "customer service" attitude in handling challenges with
poise and optimism -a "no job too small" mentality in supporting
our team on a day-to-day basis that enables you to deal with all
the crappy things that have to get done in an office.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a variety of personalities
and work styles
We offer full benefits (medical, dental and vision) and a
competitive salary - we'll pay you based on what you have done in
the past and what you can do for us in the future. You will also
have equity in Resonance.
We are building a platform to attract the best and the brightest
inside and outside of the fashion industry who share the passion to
change it and courage to do something really fucking big! The
biggest benefit we offer is to provide individual opportunities for
everyone who joins our team - an equal opportunity to start a
brand, create a service company, build a technology company or
anything else that leverages our core assets. We have committed to
every member of Resonance today and every member who joins in the
future, that they will be owners of Resonance and that they will
each have the equal opportunity to build something really fucking
big on our platform that they can own directly too if they have the
ambition and have proved that they have abilities to do so.
Keywords: Resonance, New York , Office Manager and Creator of First Impressions, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!