Global Financial Crimes Financial Institutions Anti-Money Laundering, Vice President
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
DescriptionDo you want your voice heard and your actions to
count?Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, were 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
Its part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. Were a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.Role
Summary:Within the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD), Complex
Products Division, the Global Financial Institutions AML VP will
report to the Global AML Head of Financial Institutions. As an
AML/FCC subject matter expert on relationships with Banks and
Non-Bank Financial Institutions, he or she is responsible for
creating guidance and providing ongoing advisory on risks and
controls related to correspondent banking portfolio, inclusive or
third party and affiliate banking relationships. He or she will
focus on products and services offered to Financial Institutions,
specifically cross border payments. He or she will participate in
the implementation of new standards and controls across multiple
- Supports the maintenance of Global AML standards and procedures
for financial institution clients, inclusive of correspondent
banking and non bank financial institutions.
- Assists with the creation and development of relevant global
AML training materials.
- Coordinates with regional and local AML officers, on an as
- Coordinates with other areas of the Global Financial Crime
Compliance team to build partnerships and best practices.
- Engages with relevant first-line business leaders to support
their AML risk-management efforts as needed.
- Assists with timely identification, resolution, and, as
appropriate, escalation of client or control issues to the AML Head
of Financial Institutions.
- Supports risk re-evaluation and reviews of correspondent
banking relationships globally in conjunction with other GFCD and
fist-line business units; analyzes the findings of the risk reviews
and making recommendations to maintain or exit a relationship with
coordination across regions on consensus and decision making.
- Remains current on industry developments, best practices and
standards relating to correspondent banking and non bank financial
- May at times serve as an escalation point for the business and
other GFCD members on investigations, client due diligence issues,
- Support global implementation of new standards and requirements
related to AML controls for Financial
- Extensive, demonstrated knowledge and expertise in banking laws
and regulations administered by the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC, OCC
and state banking regulators; compliance risk management and
- Subject matter expertise in correspondent banking and
cross-border payment activity.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging investigative and
intelligence output in assessing and managing AML risk across the
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication
- Experience working in a global financial institution
environment with multiple stakeholders in different
- Knowledge and experience with FATF and Wolfsberg guidance on
AML and sanctions related to correspondent banking
- Detail oriented and proven execution abilities.
- The ability to interact effectively with peers and
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best
interests of the Bank and its customers.
- Position may require international travel.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of financial industry and
compliance experience, preferably within a global
- BA or BS Degree preferredThe above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so
classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to
create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
category.A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors
such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation,
seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all
employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only
inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been
made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who
have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for,
certain offenses.Job: CompliancePrimary Location: NEW YORK-New
YorkShift DayReq ID: 10032818-WD
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, New York , Global Financial Crimes Financial Institutions Anti-Money Laundering, Vice President, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!