Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: March 28, 2020
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of
the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty
hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of
musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most
advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal
disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York
City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading
orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our
expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with
the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect
patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following
areas: Orthopedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse
Manager, Staffing Systems. In this role, the successful candidate
will provide and integrate clinical leadership and management of a
designated unit of patient care on a twenty four hour basis,
consistent with the philosophy and goals of the institution,
Departments of Nursing, and clinical service; Develop and sustain
an environment of excellence in patient / family service, growth
and development of staff, and application of evidenced-based
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve
optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the
- Coordinates care delivery and assignment of staff based upon
identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal
unit operation and patient outcomes.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of all staff
- Encourages professional development of RNs along the clinical
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development
of the nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development
activities in achieving desired patient and staff
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
and managerial roles.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health
- Establishes and maintains a unit-based quality and performance
improvement program consistent with the service and departmental
program and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal
and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues,
incidents and complaints.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality
improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes
patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent
clinical patient outcomes.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing
research / evidence based practice efforts.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to the
patient population served, assures staff awareness and knowledge of
such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in
assessment / evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and
resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice,
shared decision making and collaboration with all members of the
health care team;
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources
for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated
by all applicable agencies.
- Identifies, investigates and proactively responds to potential
and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional
- Manages the unit budget with consideration to appropriate
staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient
use of resources.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines
nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and
professional work environment.
- Promotes patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by
facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the
health care team.
- Collects, analyzes and uses data to drive practice changes that
integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity
metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers
through effective communications.
- Effectively interacts with family and patients and resolves
concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
To qualify you must have current Registered Professional Nurse in
New York. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required, Master's Degree
in Nursing or health-related area preferred. At least three years
of clinical practice in the care of the patient population served
with the ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of
specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses
patient/family satisfaction and quality indicators. AHA Basic Life
Support Cert is also required. Evidence of excellent interpersonal
skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem
solving. Membership in pertinent professional organizations.
Certification in relevant practice area preferred. Physical
stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform
responsibilities. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively
communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender
status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor
which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU
Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here
to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Nurse Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!