Chief Technology Officer
Location: New York
Posted on: March 28, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Providing strategic leadership and vision to align our
technology architecture, functional expertise, development
environments, and operational processes with company's company
- Developing and executing upon technology strategies and
roadmaps to deliver robust, flexible and scalable platforms that
meet the needs of our growing company and product evolution.
- Promoting and driving Agile methodology, with emphasis on
Extreme Programming (pair programming, Test Driven Development,
refactoring, etc.), exploring and adopting new software development
tools and technologies.
- Establishing a people-first culture with continuous learning
that is supported by professional development opportunities,
including mentoring and well-defined career paths.
- Fostering an open, collaborative, and supportive culture of
empowerment across the Technology team.
- Working with our Product team, and other customer-focused teams
to plan, build, and develop products to enhance our current
- Partnering with our CEO and People Operations team to develop a
unified and consistent process for attracting, developing,
motivating, and retaining awesome talent in our software
development and infrastructure teams.
- Planning infrastructure and operations investments that scale
with the changing needs of the business and communicating all
updates to leadership and other relevant team members.
- Owning and managing budget responsibilities for technical
- Cultivating an environment that promotes innovation,
creativity, and servant leadership.
- Acting as a champion for our technology team; effectively and
positively representing their interests, balanced against the
overall needs of the company.
- Evangelizing the company vision through conferences, speaking
engagements, and press/media activities.
- 10+ years of proven technical leadership delivering B2B
- Experience leading teams of 25+ people including distributed
teams with a proven ability to gain the respect of an existing team
- Previous software engineering/development experience building
scalable, high-performing cross-platform SaaS solutions utilizing
Extreme Programming practices.
- Significant experience working in an Agile development
organization and possessing the capability to lead others to mature
this methodology across a growing organization.
- A strong architecture background with .NET and associated
- Strong executive presence with a proven understanding of all
aspects of the business including the ability to create and
implement technical strategies that align with both current and
future business needs.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done while
also working as an excellent manager, mentor and leader.
- Nice to have an understanding of the following technologies:
C#, SQL Server, Vue.js, iOS & Android, cloud computing.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor evaluation and contract
- Public speaking experience and/or desire for speaking
engagements is a plus.
- Able to work in our NYC office.
Keywords: BuildingLink, New York , Chief Technology Officer, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!