Director, BPO/Outsourced Svs
Company: American International Group
Location: Berkeley Heights
Posted on: July 1, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Drive all aspects of complex strategic sourcing processes
including but not limited to taking lead on contract negotiations
of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research
and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and
conditions, facilitating RFP's, and working with the internal
business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives
- Lead various Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) to develop company's
requirements and to reach consensus on supplier selections. This
includes drafting necessary language to translate business needs
into specific requirements for contract-related documents, e.g.
Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization (LOAs), Requests
for Proposals (RFPs), etc. This also includes leading the CFT to
reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by
business partner required dates.
- Earn the business partner's respect and serves as a Trusted
- Collaborate closely with key business partners to understand
their priorities and challenges; assesses their needs on an ongoing
basis; and manages their expectations.--
- Either directly or through a matrix structure, manages teams of
professional level employees responsible for performing sourcing
tasks to carry out category and supply management tasks
- Establish strong relationships with internal business
stakeholders; build a strong understanding of strategic business
direction, requirements and priorities across assigned spend
- Support cross functional teams throughout the sourcing, vendor
management, negotiations, contracting and standards.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement
strategies and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with
company's global policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or
- Self-motivated and collaborative leader with a minimum of 7+
years of experience in specified category.--
- Deep category subject matter expertise with the ability to
translate strategies into executable models.
- Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the
needs of the business.
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly
synthesize distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring
frequent communication, organization, time management, and
- Deep knowledge of sourcing & procurement strategic levers and
- Strong ability to influence others with excellent written and
verbal communication skills.--
- Strong packaging and presentation skills with the ability to
explain supply & demand levers and complex pricing & evaluation
- Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the
ability to work collaboratively with senior management.--
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing indirect categories
including, but not limited to: Business Process Outsourcing,
Contact Centers, Managed Services, IT Outsourcing
- Software, Cloud, SaaS related to ISV or channel business a
- 7+ years of experience practicing best-in-class procurement or
operation processes (category management, bench-marking, TCO (cost
models), RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
Keywords: American International Group, New York , Director, BPO/Outsourced Svs, Executive , Berkeley Heights, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!