Director, Academic Support
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: August 3, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Provide overall leadership for the effective development,
planning, implementation, and functioning of the program and
service offerings for all academic support activities and
initiatives that impact the success of students during their time
at the School of Medicine.
- Train, develop and supervise a professional team of Medical
Education Learning Specialists to provide diagnostic interviews,
strategy, structure, guidance and individual consultation in the
areas of learning and test taking strategies, time management, and
preparation for licensure examinations.
- Design and develop academic support services across modalities
including, individual, small groups, classroom workshop format and
2-4 week intense elective models.
- Design and develop a Peer Tutoring Program for delivery of
small group instruction and review to support academic performance
during a course. This includes the hiring, training, monitoring and
evaluating of Peer Instructors and the selection and scheduling of
students in need of academic support.
- Participate in orientation and board review activities: Plan
and teach group sessions.
- Attend classes and other educational activities to gain
thorough exposure to current educational content and methodology:
review course and clerkship materials, books, and websites,
practice examinations, etc. for effective student assistance.
- Meet with individual students in academic difficulty to assess
current learning strategies and level of academic functioning and
provide services/interventions as appropriate.
- Develop academic support resources for use online, in print
- Conduct ongoing assessment and reporting on programmatic and
student learning outcomes and impact of academic support
- Maintain current knowledge of medical education and
institutional curricular demands.
- Collaborates with Student Accessibility Services and
facilitates the provision of reasonable accommodations to students
with disabilities and maintains compliance with federal, state and
- The Director of Academic Support must be able to collaborate
with all offices in the School of Medicine to support student
learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness, including
serving on committees, and engaging in educational
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to company Organizational competencies and standards of
- Master's degree in educational or cognitive psychology with
specialization in learning and remediation is required
- Doctoral Degree in Education, Educational Psychology, Higher
Education Administration, or another tertiary educational
administration field is preferred
- Working knowledge of the sciences: biology, human anatomy and
physiology, etc. is required
- Experience working with adult learners is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
written, are required
- Knowledge of computer software programs: MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, are required
- Enrolled in graduate study or completion of Ed.D. or Ph.D.
program is preferred
- Experience in medical education and administration is
- Experience in undergraduate and/or graduate medical or graduate
health professions education is preferred
- Experience in administration of an academic support or tutoring
program in an institution of higher education is preferred
- Experience working with college students in one or more of the
following areas: academic advising, curriculum planning, and
college teaching is preferred
- An understanding of, ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and
respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural,
ability, military, religious, sexual orientation and gender
identity backgrounds of medical students, faculty and staff.--
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New York , Director, Academic Support, Executive , Nutley, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!