Regional Operations Manager - Mid-Atlantic
Company: Penn Mutual Life Insurance
Location: Glen Rock
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Regional Operations Manager assists the Field Manager in
operating a financially successful office by leading and developing
an efficient and efficient staff of associates, overseeing daily
office operations and enhancing the productivity of the sales force
so that the office achieves recruiting and profitability goals.
- Manages On-boarding of new financial professionals and office
staff by explaining benefits, policies and procedures, coordinating
fingerprinting, and providing training on computer and phone
- Partners with Human Resources (HR) for employee relations,
performance management issues, benefits, staffing requirements,
interviewing and hiring. Maintains associates and financial
professionals files and promptly notifies Home Office of all
changes related to staff, salary, and status.
- Assists Field Manager with associate's performance reviews and
provides ongoing coaching and development.
- Trains associates in all aspects of their duties in conjunction
with the company's policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Field Manager, prepares, develops and
monitors office budget. Manages expenses and authorizes payment of
- Maintains financial information for the office (Quicken or
- Processes Contract/Licensing and Registration documents for all
financial professionals and assists with E & O and continuing
- Adheres to all FINRA & SEC compliance regulations and performs
compliance related functions as needed as appropriate to their
- Keeps current with resident and non-resident state's
regulations and requirements for licensing and application. Shares
relevant information with office associates to ensure that they
understand regulations and can apply knowledge to their jobs.
- Assists in the recruiting of experienced financial
professionals by providing information and supports as
- Works in partnership with the Home Office and serves as a
communication link between the Home Office, financial professionals
- Insures office has the most current version of software, forms,
and marketing materials, updated procedural manuals for associates
and financial professionals and maintains a record retention
- Resolves complex questions, concerns and problems for the
- Manages the purchase of office supplies and equipment;
maintains inventory of furniture/equipment in the office and
- Prepares and keeps updated Business Continuity Plan for the
- Maintains office website and coordinates the information used
in publications of field office monthly and annual bulletins.
- Acts in lieu of the Field Manager, as required.
- Coordinates various field office projects and provides
illustration support to financial professionals, as needed.
- Provides back up to all the administrative functions in the
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required SkillsSkills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills (written & oral); ability to meet
deadlines; team player; ability to build strong working
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Outlook.
- Prefer experience with a Client Relationship Management (CRM)
system, ie. Smart Office.
- Desire to provide excellent and proactive customer service
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by
learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team
Required Experience Experience
- Three to five years' leadership experience required; proven
ability to develop staff skills and abilities, proactively motivate
performance and identify/address gaps, build a team environment and
- Insurance and securities industry experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 7 (a plus) and working toward 24
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity-We have the conscious intention to do the
Respecting One Another-We see each other's distinctiveness as a
Focusing on Relationships-We foster meaningful connections with
Sustaining Our Legacy-We are trusted guardians for what we
A Shared Sense of Belonging-We evoke our place as part of a world
that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below
characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused - "Gets it done" and drives progress and results
towards strategic objectives.
Strategic - "Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries, takes
risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual's
Authentic - "Keeps it real" and is principled, transparent,
trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive - "Makes the call" and demonstrates courage, confidence
and a bias for action.
Empowering - "Develops people" and sets clear expectations,
delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential - "Sets the tone" and inspires, motivates and persuades
others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We
provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified
applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is
reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion,
transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation,
selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free
from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic
information, disability, religious observance or practice,
liability, veteran status or any other classification protected
under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in
this position description at any time due to reasonable
accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with
confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life
insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network
of trusted financial professionals, we are dedicated to helping
individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn
Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and
investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor,
Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at
Glen Rock, US-NJ
Keywords: Penn Mutual Life Insurance, New York , Regional Operations Manager - Mid-Atlantic, Executive , Glen Rock, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!