Medical Director, Virtual Care - NYC
Company: Oscar Health
Location: New York
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. We're hiring a Medical Director,
Virtual Care to join our team working remotely in New York
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is
fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to
change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is
a team sport and great primary care means connecting patients to a
broader community of healthcare professionals and resources that
are designed to address each patient's healthcare needs. We're
starting with a 'virtual first' connection.
About this role:
We're looking for an MD to oversee a Virtual Care Team and panel of
members in New York City. This is the first market we're launching
our Virtual Primary Care offering in. You'll keep a set patient
schedule, treating patients, managing clinical escalations, and
engaging in new products we're rolling out for the program.
As we build the program, you'll advocate for specific needs for
your Care Team, and areas for improvement for our Virtual Primary
Care offering. You'll determine when in-person interactions are
most appropriate for members, and make referrals to those care
settings. You'll be our ears to the ground and eyes to the future
of how we provide primary care.
((Who will this role report into))
- Provide exceptional care for your panel of patients (18+)
virtually (phone, messaging, video)
- Provide continuity of care to patients with a wide range of
acuity from young/healthy to chronic conditions (DM, HTN, COPD,
- Follow up on labs, imaging, and closed loop communication with
other providers where necessary.
- Use tooling to enable virtual "exams" including remote home
monitoring equipment, remote physical exam, remote point of care
diagnostics (ie TytoCare or Butterfly).
- Work with and manage Advanced Practitioners, RNs and MAs on the
- Advocate on behalf of the Care Team specific capabilities
necessary for your region or patient population mix (e.g. adding
Specialist access within Care Team).
- Help develop clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of
- Work with Product and Operations to give feedback on ways to
improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Be available for on call shifts and to answer critical labs
- Be willing to flex into other service lines (ie Virtual Urgent
- Maintain a flexible patient schedule -- this may include
scheduled early morning visits (7am) and early evening visits (7pm)
with occasional Saturday visits as we understand patient
- Work with other providers in the community to provide the care
that is not possible virtually (ie diabetic foot exam, procedures,
- Participate in collaborative care with virtual behavioral
health Specialists (and potentially other Specialists!)
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Internal
Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medicine-Pediatrics
- Medical license in New York
- Located in New York City and willingness to practice
- Professional Spanish-language fluency
- Experience delivering virtual care
- Experience using EMR tools such as Athena
- Familiarity using e-consults (i.e. messaging platform) for
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it
relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and
- Experience working with remote diagnostic and home monitoring
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their
qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need
for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable
accommodations during the application process should contact the
Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need
for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against
based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed
your pay. Read the full policy here.
Keywords: Oscar Health, New York , Medical Director, Virtual Care - NYC, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!