Chief Content Officer
Location: New York
Posted on: January 15, 2021
At--Backstage , we're focused on providing the best career
platform and marketplace to match performing artists (actors,
models, dancers and musicians) with talent seekers. We are looking
for a talented Chief Content Officer-- with mastery of the online
content ecosystem, and a demonstrated ability to grow audiences
across digital channels to join our team . The person in this role
will drive content strategy and execution to service our two-sided
marketplace of performers and talent seekers, and will oversee our
team of writers and editors to create best in class print and
digital editorial content. The right candidate will understand how
to set up an edit team to create significant weekly content
offerings that serve different audience segments while maintaining
a consistent voice and high-quality content. The Gig:
- Develop and execute editorial strategy by target and segment to
grow the reach and value of the Backstage audience and brand across
organic search, social media, and more.
- Define Backstage tone and voice, and ensure tone consistency
across all Backstage editorial pieces.
- Verify that editorial content is built to scale across site,
and work closely with product to structure content to take
advantage of that reach.
- Direct, manage, and motivate freelance and staff editors,
writers and photographers to deliver consistent, engaging, and
accurate best-in-class content and features optimized for digital
consumption by deadlines.
- Oversee quality control and final production of content across
Backstage print, digital and social assets.
- Create editorial calendars and direct content mix.
- Report on KPIs and use analytics data to help inform and refine
the editorial strategy.
- Work closely with the marketing and social team to optimize
content to draw and convert users.
- Collaborate with partnerships and sales teams to provide
content support for execution on various deals and promotions.
- Confirm that editorial content is optimized to meet the
business objectives of all Backstage stakeholders.
- Create, evolve, and deliver a superb weekly magazine to
Backstage's audience while fulfilling all sales and marketing
goals. About You:
- Self-directed multitasker accustomed to meeting tight
- Proven track record growing and serving audiences across
- Strategic and analytical; you use data and insights to inform
editorial decisions, and you enjoy strategizing about the best ways
to use content to engage a growing and shifting user base.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, with exceptional project
management and people skills.
- Knowledgeable about theater, film/tv, and the performing arts,
you possess a willingness to learn and understand the various
complexities of the changing Backstage landscape.
- A terrific manager and strong communicator. Requirements:
- 7+ years progressive experience on an editorial or content
team; must have significant experience leading a successful content
team and developing and fostering young talent.
- Strong command of SEO, email marketing, metadata structure,
optimization of social channels, and web analytics.--
- Exceptional writing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to create, update and optimize libraries
of long form and evergreen service content across a particular
industry or market.
- Expertise in using editorial content to achieve business
- Strong experience creating, optimizing, and distributing
content across diverse platforms, both digital and analog.
- Track record creating beats, and managing a group of
writers/editors covering a beat.
- Experience in developing educational content, such as courses
and webinars. Added Bonus:
- Experience in audio/video production services and/or
- A love for all things film, theater and acting!
- Casual office space in Dumbo Brooklyn
- Collaborative work environment where you'll learn about and
influence every aspect of the business
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and access to other local music
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with talented leaders in their
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your
career Backstage, LLC, is the leading platform in creative talent
placement. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com ,
for actors; and Sonicbids.com , for musicians -- with plans to
launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition.
Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy
and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of
an established but small and fast-growing business with decades of
success in our industry. We are a close knit, agile team that is
disrupting the creative talent placement industry through technical
innovation, product design and a solid business model. At the heart
of our success and growth resides a group of hardcore
technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share
a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better
experience for our users. We offer benefits including health
insurance (vision and dental available), commuter benefits, 401K,
unlimited vacation, and tickets/tuition for select
conferences/courses. Our DUMBO office is spacious and convenient to
3 subway lines.
Keywords: Backstage, New York , Chief Content Officer, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!