Technical Program Manager, Software Engineering Infrastructure
Location: New York
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more
effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase
efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for
candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on,
to help build software platforms that can scale through multiple
orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play
a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving large cross
functional projects that span the organization. Our team is
comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new
grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but
ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is
possible, and we need program managers that can do the same.
- Build strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver
on shared goals.
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners to define
program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope which
includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams
that you are partnering with.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes
effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and
proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical
analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance
indicators and drive cross functional execution of program
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical
infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and
- Influence product decisions to align with higher company
- Drive internal and external process improvements across
multiple teams and functions including reducing the manual efforts
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware
engineering, or technical product/program management
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams,
demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical
management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale
- Experience establishing work relationships across
multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time
zones.Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, New York , Technical Program Manager, Software Engineering Infrastructure, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!