Sr. Product Manager, Knovel
Company: LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Location: New York
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Sr. Product Manager-Commercial will be working within the
Knovel Product team. By working closely with the Sr. Product
Director of Knovel and other relevant stakeholders, The desired
result of the role of the position is to impact commercial results
of Knovel by improving the Go To Market process and delivery such
as value communication and opportunities identifications. Primary
- Driving product commercial execution against the Knovel
strategies by engaging with Sales & Marketing Team and developing
opportunities such as Data Integration business.
- Develop a thorough understanding among team around market
problems & needs as result of closely interaction with customers &
users and actively gathering data from multiple sources.--
- Contribute to product innovations and product value
communication by working closely with Squad team in the Agile
environment Product Commercial Strategy Execution with Customer
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate the execution of the
product commercial strategy that addresses needs of market segments
as well as needs of customers in various geographical regions.
- Proactively work with sales & marketing team in value story
creation, customer interactions, opportunity discovery that derived
from use cases understandings.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in assess the challenges of
commercial delivery and solve the challenges with better
positioning and communication of the product, by considering value
definition and perception for different customer segment
- Evaluate partnership opportunities that will delivery
commercial results Go to Market & Product Marketing Improvement
- Develop understanding on competitive landscape & customer
decisions, as well as market trends & dynamics through customer
- Work across product, sales, marketing, and other relevant teams
to drive go to market delivery to ensure successful product
validation & launches.
- Work with relevant teams to develops positioning, themes, and
messaging and pricing strategy of products
- Engage with other products team in Elsevier organization to
develop "better together stories" and collaboration road maps. Data
Driven Product Discovery & Delivery Support
- Gather a wide range of information from internal and external
sources and contribute to product discovery
- Work with sales team to identify customers for product
validation and willingness to pay studies.
- Drive commercial delivery and decisions are based on evidence,
data & insights.
- Evaluates intangible and/or cross-business implications of
strategic decisions, and p rioritizes initiatives & projects that
drive the most optimal results.
- Work with teams on finding solutions to customer problems and
strategic challenges by actively providing data from multiple
sources (customer, market, revenue, etc.).
Requirements and qualifications For this role, we are looking for
someone with good commercial experience who has a track record of
implementing product Go To Market strategy, identifying
opportunities, and driving commercial results. Important
characteristics may include:
- Track record of working in a large agile-based product
organization as well as best practices of product management.
- Understands customer needs, emerging technologies, competitive
landscape for Engineering Information Industry
- Track record of managing successful management and commercial
delivery of products that meet strategic targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrixed
environment with strong work ethic and commitment
- Highly motivated self-starter who is relentless in driving for
- Good understanding of data & analytics opportunities
- Ability to proactively and continuously identify areas for
improvement and develop plus implement solutions
- 10+ years of professional experience in Product Management &
- Graduate level degree in Engineering fields or equivalent
coursework and experience or Had certifications and education
around product management, marketing areas.
- MBA is a plus. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer:
qualified applicants are considered for and treated during
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected
veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or
disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access
our online system, that individual should please contact
1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com . Elsevier is a global
information analytics business that helps institutions and
professionals advance healthcare, open science and improve
performance for the benefit of humanity.--We help researchers make
new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them
the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and
universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We
help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find
the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other
healthcare professionals throughout their careers.--Elsevier
provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic
research management, R&D performance, clinical decision
support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect,
Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over
2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, 38,000
e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's
Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group. With a wide range of
technology jobs, commercial and business jobs, and graduate jobs,
there is a part for everyone to play. We need talented people to
help us inspire ground-breaking research.-- Be curious. Be
challenged. Be involved.
Keywords: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, New York , Sr. Product Manager, Knovel, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!