Director of Audience Growth, Urban Marketing
Company: Universal Music Group.
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Audience Growth, Urban Marketing Marketing & Digital
Media New York, New York Req. UMG-4076 We are UMG, the Universal
Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In
everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and
entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses
engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and
audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and
develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce,
distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and
commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around
the world. How we LEAD: Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), the
centralized catalog division of UMG, is seeking a Director of
Audience Growth, Urban Marketing in the New York, NY location. This
role will be responsible for working directly with Universal
artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and
departments within UMe to product manage and market Urban music
products. They will also work with external partners and be
responsible for securing their support and participation in
campaigns. The role requires leadership and coordination to
contribute to global Urban marketing efforts across multiple teams.
How you'll CREATE:
- Plan and execute product management and catalog marketing for
Urban artists and releases across multiple labels within UMG.
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to define
marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams
at UMe including social, CRM, radio, and commercial.
- Create and manage audience growth campaigns, microsites,
technology development initiatives, and other marketing
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience
engagement and growth.
- Develop relationships and secure global opportunities with
- Direct and manage relations with independent marketing
- Collaborate with other teams at UMe including Commerce,
Production, A&R, and International.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with global teams, creating
cohesive worldwide marketing initiatives.
- Manage the conception, communication, and execution of Urban
music consumer engagement marketing.
- Plan and account for project and campaign marketing budgets.
--Bring your VIBE:
- 6+ years of experience in Urban music digital marketing and
product management, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Immersion in the Urban media and marketing community with
strong connections at brands, media outlets, and partners.
- Experience in music marketing, ideally working with catalog
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace
powering today and tomorrow's music industry.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement,
social, optimization, and analytics.
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools.
- Experience in Urban music marketing, ideally working with
- Advertising/media planning experience.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation, and
- Creative, innovative, strategic understanding of marketing
tactics and channels.
- Unquenchable passion for all things relating to Urban
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively
in a high-pressured environment.
- Bachelor's preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and
Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off - Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support Universal Music Group is an
Equal Opportunity Employer You have been redirected to a Universal
Music Group job page
Keywords: Universal Music Group., New York , Director of Audience Growth, Urban Marketing, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!