Company: Cumming Corporation
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We are required to compile certain information for statistical
purposes in order to comply with certain federal regulations
relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
requirements. The information you provide is strictly on a
voluntary basis, and the content of the information will not affect
your eligibility for employment. Likewise, if you choose not to
provide this information it will not affect your eligibility for
store and utilize your data, please click here . Posted Date 2 days
ago (1/5/2021 5:16 PM) Category Project Management/Program
Management ID 2021-4269 Overview Lehrer Cumming is a hands-on owner
advisory firm that offers strategic guidance - including project
management and other related services - to owners, developers, and
institutions in and around New York City, New Jersey, Boston,
Washington, D.C., and Florida. Lehrer Cumming offers an environment
that fosters creativity and problem-solving, and rewards team
members for exceptional client service, collaboration, and a focus
on continuous improvement and results. At Lehrer Cumming, we see
ourselves as leading industry consultants with a reputation for
extraordinary professionalism and expertise. We are currently
looking for a Project--Director to be based in our New York, NY
office. This is an opportunity that will involve work on large
scale banks/financial institutional projects. This is a great
opportunity to join our team! Responsibilities
- Work with the Vice President to align their actions and
communications in support of agreed upon goals.
- Act as the Project Director with primary responsibilities for
all phases of the project.
- Develop, establish and administer policies for the
- Coordinate construction activities with client and key
- Attract, interview and assist in the hiring of key talent.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure
project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame,
funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing
requirements, and allotment of available resources to various
phases of project.
- Confer with project team and client to outline and implement a
work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify
schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or
- Review status and provides management reports relative to
scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project and
arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Review recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to
- Implement recommended internal policies and procedures.
- Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information
about the project.
- Perform other duties that are reasonably associated with the
above essential functions and additional duties assigned by
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering,
Architecture, Real estate development or a closely related field is
- 10+ years' experience working on banks/financial institutional
projects is required.
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Firm knowledge and understanding of construction methods,
materials and sequences, and architectural/construction drawings
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of the construction industry
and the ability to use one of the following: cost-estimating,
construction management, project/program management,
- Proven track record of successfully managing many highly
visible, complex projects at the same time, and managing a
"pipeline" of future projects.
- Apply knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures in the commercial construction field.
- Must have a business mindset and has maintained a professional
network that will contribute to the strategic growth strategies of
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as
business presentation skills. Must be comfortable communicating to
varying levels of leadership, to include senior management and at
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and works effectively
- Demonstrated experience in managing working relationships in a
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- The ability to effectively interface with all levels of
management and staff across organizational lines, including other
client business units.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated success at
building team relationships and partnerships across organizational
- Possess strong leadership skills, including ability to exhibit
confidence in self and others, inspiring, mentoring and motivating
others, commanding respect and trust and accepting feedback from
- Demonstrate consistent ability to be dependable, diligent, and
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks
accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website!
It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide
feedback within five business days. #LI-PJ1 Cumming provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Cumming Corporation, New York , Project Director, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!