Senior Director Viral Vaccines
Company: Cavendish Farms Corporation
Location: Pearl River
Posted on: February 25, 2021
National Postdoctoral Association Career Center ROLE SUMMARY
In partnership with the Chief Scientific Officer for Viral Vaccines
(CSO), the role will set strategy for viral vaccine programs based
on extensive industry experience, expertise in virology,
immunology, synthetic biology, formulation science, RNA-based
vaccines, research, and technical development. Must have experience
in influenza vaccine development and manufacturing, including the
surveillance, strain change system and influenza serological and in
process assays. The candidate needs to provide leadership,
scientific and technical support for a diversified research staff.
The role requires experience and established track record in
working with multifunctional teams outside of their reporting
structure, presenting research/strategy as well as report writing,
responding to regulatory questions, and publishing research
findings. The incumbent will require global scientific alliance
management with external parties to ensure that the vacc ine is
built from best available technologies and can be integrated into
the global infectious disease surveillance systems. ROLE
* With the CSO, the incumbent will provide strategic leadership for
one or more vaccine programs.
* Leads a motivated, committed and engaged project team. Models and
expects effective team behavior to achieve the project goals.
* Leads direct reports and non-reports, reviewing all experimental
designs and data.
* Ensures that intellectual property is appropriately obtained and
* Represent Research on the cross-functional Vaccine Program Team
as Research Lead, operating at the interface between research and
development, coordinating with non-research functions in advancing
the vaccine through developmental stage gates.
* Take a key role in communication about vaccine programs in
internal Pfizer documents and external patent applications,
regulatory submissions, scientific papers, and other
* Serve as a primary scientific liaison with external alliance
partners, including collaborating companies, government agencies
and non-governmental organizations.
* Participate in the management of the Viral Vaccines group,
including the supervision of junior colleagues, the group budget,
laboratories, and compliance. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences
and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate
with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of
other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business
impact. * Strong knowledge of virology, vaccinology and immunology
and 10 years of experience in the field.
* Able to effectively direct a laboratory based, industrial vaccine
discovery and development program.
* Proven track record of project advancement and delivery.
* Practical experience with global flu vaccine surveillance,
recommendation, reagent generation, and regulatory systems.
* Understanding of the business aspects of vaccines, viral vaccine
scientific, clinical and competitive landscape.
* Demonstrated innovation and the ability to apply knowledge,
techniques and skills to identify and validate best new
* Experience of providing scientific leadership for projects in the
* MD or a PhD in virology or a related field.
* > 10 years industry experience in pre-clinical research and in
vaccine technical development. Working knowledge of both scientific
and non-scientific aspects. Organizational Relationships
* CSO for Viral Vaccines
* Vaccines R&D scientists
* Cross-Functional Program Team members
* VRD management
* External collaborating institutions, including the
* Direct familiarity with organizations and leaders of global
virology surveillance systems.
* Indirectly manage a much larger and evolving cross-functional
team to advance a vaccine candidate. Manage about 5-10 colleagues.
* Assist CSO and Finance in managing the program budget and
interacting with the Commercial organization to assess potential
future economic value and probability of success of vaccine
candidates. PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Strong abilities in scientific analysis, cross-functional
collaboration, people management, scientific writing, and public
speaking required. Experience in conducting and leading research in
BSL3 containment. Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply: February 28, 2021
* Eligible for Relocation Package/Employee Referral Bonus Job
- Job ID: 55717049
Pearl River, New York, United States Please refer to the company's
website or job descriptions to learn more about them. Pearl River,
NY, United States P Pearl River, NY, United States P Senior
Scientist, Cellular Immune profiling 15800 Crabbs Branch Way,
Rockville, Maryland 20855 (301) 984-4800
Keywords: Cavendish Farms Corporation, New York , Senior Director Viral Vaccines, Executive , Pearl River, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!