Senior Director of Corporate Communications
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We're looking for quality humans who are equal parts clever and
compassionate. If you want to push yourself to excel in a space
where you're encouraged to bring your specialized talents and
background, this is it. Scroll down to get started Privacy Overview
Senior Director of Corporate Communications in New York - Careers
at LivCor NY Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Senior Director
of Corporate Communications Job Locations US-NY LivCor is
responsible for overseeing the asset management of apartment
communities in over 20 states across the United States. LivCor does
not directly manage properties; however, the team has taken control
of critical areas such as marketing, strategic technology, revenue
management, ESG, legal, risk, redevelopment, asset preservation,
construction, transaction support, and of course, has a robust
asset management capability. LivCor also supports buying and
selling properties and works very closely with more than 20
third-party property managers. Beam Living is LivCor's vertically
integrated property management company created to work directly
with our communities in New York City. Beam Living serves as the
operational arm of LivCor in NYC, managing one of the largest
rental communities in the U.S., Stuyvesant Town/Peter Cooper
Village. Beam Living and LivCor operate as one multifamily team
under central leadership. The Senior Director of Corporate
Communications role is a key member of the LivCor/Beam team. We are
looking for a creative and strategic thinker and doer with a track
record of supporting organizations in all aspects of communication,
including executive communications, media relations, crisis/issues
management, and employee and community engagement. The successful
candidate is a team player with a can-do attitude and the ability
to work across silos and projects, who can deliver effective
communications strategies on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
We're looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, who can
manage between high-level stakeholders and think big picture but
also roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Strong writing
skills, political experience and a keen understanding of the
industry and relevant landscape preferred. As the Senior Director
of Corporate Communications, one is held accountable to, but not
limited to the following job functions:--
- Manage the day-to-day corporate communications for LivCor/Beam,
including internal and external communications, crisis management,
and media and social media monitoring.--This includes working
closely with the senior leadership team and providing strategic
recommendations on how to enhance the company's reputation with all
stakeholders, including residents, elected officials and
- Develop communication materials for CEO and executive
leadership team, including messaging and talking points, Q&As,
briefings, employee engagement, communications to business
partners, social and digital content, and other written materials,
- Manage messaging around key announcements, launches, and media
- Proactively develop communication strategies and crisis
management plans; establish a process to rapidly take action as
- Manage PR agencies to support internal/external communications
efforts as needed.
- Guide appropriate messaging, style, and context for
communications deliverables that support the overall communications
strategy, adhere to the brand standards, and reflect the needs of
our various internal and external audiences. Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, advertising,
journalism, English,--business administration, fine arts, or a
related field. Real estate experience a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of excellent writing, editing, and copy-editing
experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism fields
and a proven track record across a variety of audience groups and
- Strong writing skills and experience working with and writing
for senior executives in corporate communications.
- Ability to tell a clear and compelling story through PowerPoint
or other visual aid programs.
- Proven and relevant experience in internal marketing,
communications, and change management campaigns, preferably gained
in a fast-pace environment and/or a professional services firm,
with demonstrable results in building engagement and driving
adoption among dispersed stakeholders.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to partner with key
leaders across multiple companies that may at times have competing
priorities and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of social media, internet engagement, and
strategic best practices for communications, reader engagement, and
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and
Word. Experience delivering email communications using Outlook
- Proficiency with, including but not limited to: Microsoft
Windows and email campaign management through various online
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, including the ability to
work with business partners and mentor others as well as the
confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- Well-developed leadership ability and coaching skills to
effectively empower, engage and develop team members.
- Political experience and a strong understanding of the
political landscape of the sector and relevant geographies is
preferred. Who You Are---
- A critical thinker--who enjoys challenging work to achieve
strategic goals and understands the business implications of the
projects they work on.
- A process-oriented leader who understands that the best ideas
still need to be executed by humans who need to not only believe,
but need to understand why.
- An executor--who is passionately committed to excellence and
will relentlessly pursue the team's goals.
- A culture champion who believes that organizational culture has
a significant impact on business and people results and leads
- An owner who takes responsibility.
- A strategist--who believes everything should be done in an
organized and efficient manner.
- A passionate communicator--who believes that helping others win
is a noble cause and that proactive hands on leadership is the only
course of action.
- Gumby.--Things change. Some of our humans Rei Moya Julio
Morales Debbie Peters Andrew Halverson Yulia Yutsis EEO Statement
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer . We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based
on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs
without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion,
disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran
status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are
committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an
accommodation to complete the application process, please email
email@example.com . Options Apply for this job online Apply
Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is
not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, New York , Senior Director of Corporate Communications, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!