Director Operations - Acute Services
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We've updated our recruiting process and workplace settings to
help ensure the health and safety of our employees, candidates, and
communities during coronavirus. Learn more > Serve as primary
resource to hospital C-Suite, FMC Program Managers and personnel
regarding clinical questions; survey preparedness; Acute Care
Electronic System (ACES); and all Inpatient Services processes
implementation and maintenance. Acts as the Inpatient Services
expert who provides the required direction and support to their
direct reports to secure a profitable high and quality Inpatient
Services within the assigned business unit(s). PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals
through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of
the company's mission and core values as a means to implement
positive change and/or create organizational structure within
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the
administration of business processes and services to ensure the
operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s)
through the interpretation, application and implementation of
company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company
requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the
overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority
management, and recommendation and implementation changes of
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Responsibilities for Acute Care Electronic System (ACES)
include the following:
- Has an in-depth knowledge on how to obtain and use the
information from ACES to impact the team's focus to meet targets
and change practice or process to increase the quality of service
being provided to the customers.
- In-depth review with direct reports on the data retrieved from
ACES to identify areas for improvement e.g. Compliance, Billing,
and Quality Indicators.
- Utilization of data to better understand their business unit(s)
opportunities, develop a plan of action, and implementation with
their direct reports.
- Partner with the all key departments to secure direct report's
success in their Inpatient Services Business:
- Education Coordinators are part of the weekly (daily if needed)
communication for successful training of all staff.
- Regional Quality Managers are to attend QAI meetings, assist
with survey preparedness, and will be available during
- BioMed to attend QAI meetings, review of reports, assist with
customer preparation for surveys and will be available during
- Requires the ability to influence and gain acceptance from
others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on
matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or
- Interaction with the C-Suite:
- Meet with the hospital C-Suite quarterly or more often if
- Ability to have crucial conversation to secure a strong long
term relationship and influence desired outcomes.
- Support direct reports in preparation for customer QAI
- Responds and communicates during the survey audits.
- Interacts frequently with Medical Director, internal
departments and external customers/vendors; particularly in problem
resolution. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling
employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS : The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 60% locally and regionally. SUPERVISION: Program
Managers subordinate supervisors and/or predominately exempt staff.
May also oversee Charge Nurses on occasion. EDUCATION : Bachelor's
Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- 6+ years' related experience preferred.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager; or 3+ years' experience in a
senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws. Read about the care and compassion of our
Disaster Recovery team in this emotional letter. Join Our Talent
Network Let's stay connected! Joining our talent network allows us
to send you company news, career event announcements and new job
opportunities. As a company with over 64,000 dedicated employees,
Fresenius Medical Care North America is quite aware of the many
scams that job seekers may face. If you receive any type of
communication on behalf of Fresenius Medical Care North America
that seems inappropriate or suspicious, we urge you to report this
activity to: Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
laws. If you are a recruitment agency submitting a resume on behalf
of a client: Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) only
accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list and
all third party searches require Human Resources approval. Please
do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system or to FMCNA
employees and/or FMCNA Management. FMCNA is not responsible for any
fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes or third party
searches conducted without Human Resources approval. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Fresenius Medical Care,
NA and require special assistance or accommodation during any part
of the pre-employment process, please contact our dedicated Help
Desk for assistance at (855) FMCNAHR. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, New York , Director Operations - Acute Services, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!