Steel Detailing Project Manager
Company: SSOE GROUP
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
SSOE is hiring a Steel Detailing Project Manager to fill a
strategic need in our Systems business unit. Collaboration,
accountability, and top-notch training are building blocks we use
to set you up for success. To be successful in this role, you must
have knowledge of steel detailing, as well as experience in project
definition, development, and estimating. The applicant must have
previous experience as a Project Manager with a proven track record
of delivering manufacturing capital projects. Key responsibilities
of the position include project/program planning, stakeholder
management and project success. Primary Duties and
- Coordinates steel detailing projects of small, medium, and
- Directly accountable for adherence to timetable and financial
success of the project.
- Responsible for preparation of estimates, fee proposal, and
contract negotiations with client with input from PIC.
- Establishes project scope of work in coordination with
Discipline Captains and Department Managers including planning of
work, design concepts/design direction, determining discipline type
and amount of tasks to be performed, communicates to DM staff
capabilities to fit specific project needs.
- Prepares the plan, establishes control procedures, monitors
progress, and takes corrective action as may be required.
- Prepares project budget and work schedule to serve as a
measuring stick of progress.
- Contracts for outside consultants/services as needed.
- Communicates client requirements to all involved
- Coordinates meetings and establishes all paper flow and
document control with client, contractors, regulatory agencies and
- Monitors progress of project, reviews work accomplished and
monitors construction budget costs.
- Reviews and approves client billings.
- Participates in client contact and business development
- Responsible for the collection of past due amounts with
assistance from the PIC or accounting as needed.
- May assist in the training or mentoring of other Project
Managers to familiarize them with SSOE or the client specific
- Follows established change management procedures to document
and receive authorization for project change orders in a timely
- May travel to other SSOE facilities and/or client locations for
coordination purposes or to provide training.
- Travel and a valid driver's license are required. Minimum
Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
closely related field. NISD certificate preferred or any equivalent
combination of experience and training that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five (5) years of experience, in design and construction
industry, with at least two (2) years in Project Management.
- Registration, including CAPM or PMP certification,
- Ability to effectively manage the financial aspects of a
project. About SSOE Group As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture
firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great
Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery
solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to
Work--) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C). With
more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its
clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over
the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive,
food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and
general building industries-with projects completed in 40
countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture,
engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through
construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project
savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years. Equal
Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement SSOE is an equal
opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all
individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless
of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic
information, military / veteran status, or any other protected
group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with
the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws.
SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected
status under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applicants
with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any
part of the application or hiring process, may email their request
to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for
reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under
Federal EEO laws . Contact Us Have a question regarding our
services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an
email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.
Sign up to receive official SSOE Group news and updates! This field
is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Keywords: SSOE GROUP, New York , Steel Detailing Project Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!