Strategic Finance Senior Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: April 9, 2021
ShopShops is seeking a Strategic Finance Senior Manager who will
play an important role in helping us achieve and exceed our growth
goals. You will work with many facets of the business to provide
visibility on all things financial to key stakeholders, surfacing
new insights, and improving processes. The ideal candidate is
highly analytical, able to communicate financial insights, and
recommend appropriate actions, and is able to work across teams in
China and the US (must speak Mandarin).
This is a rare opportunity to be a key contributor to a small but
mighty (and quickly growing) team in a fast-adopting product
category that has never been more relevant. Your colleagues, remote
for now, have a fun and open/honest work dynamic, a fast-paced and
"roll-up-your-sleeves" startup mentality balanced with strategic
vision and focus. ShopShops has VC funding from top investors,
scaling revenue, a working product, and a head start in the US
market mitigating much of the startup risk.
- Maintain long-term financial model and develop forecasting
models to help the company manage long-term growth and opportunity
- Support strategic decision-making with data-driven insights,
analysis, and forecasts.
- Track, benchmark, analyze, and develop strategic solutions to
improve key metrics (LTV, CAC, channel efficiency, conversion,
churn, expansion, engagement, NPS).
- Analyze and segment historical data to derive actionable
insights for department heads.
- Continuously improve predictive value of forecast based on
analysis of actual results.
- Support quarterly OKR planning and goal-setting process with
- Work with all departments to ensure allocated resources support
- Work with accounting to ensure financial operations support
scale and financial reporting.
- Work with go-to-market leads to measure performance and
determine investment areas.
- Work closely with data team to ensure data reliably supports
strategic decision making.
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more
with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the
pursuit of business objectives.
- Motivated by Scale. You want to take a company with massive
market opportunity and grow its presence across the world.
- Nimble/Agile. You enjoy stepping outside of your comfort zone
and relish the opportunity to tackle new and exciting
- Execution Focused. Apolitical, driven by financial objectives
and/or pride in work, but not personal aggrandizement.
- Integrity. You keep your word and do not cut ethical corners.
You choose to do what is right versus what is most convenient.
- Team Player. You are a collaborative, hardworking,
problem-solver who leads by example. You would never ask anyone to
do something that you are not willing to do yourself.
- Intellectually Curious. You have a deep desire to learn new
things and acquire new skills.
- Style Enthusiast. You get excited about shopping, personal
style, design and/or fashion. Hopefully you've already downloaded
the ShopShops app!
- English and Mandarin fluency
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or related quantitative
- 5+ years experience in strategic finance or business operations
role (start-ups, consulting, banking, private equity, etc.).
- Excellent prioritization skills combined with ability to keep
the big picture front and centre.
- Ability to simplify complex issues, influence decision makers,
and drive consensus.
- Strong working knowledge of marketplace business models,
metrics, and frameworks.
- Ability to deeply understand requirements and analyze data to
solve complex problems.
- High degree of autonomy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced
- Intermediate-level proficiency with Excel, data visualization
tools, and reporting tools.
ShopShops is an online retail platform that enables shoppers to
view, interact with and purchase goods from retail stores anywhere
in the world through livestream video. By virtualizing the physical
shopping experience, ShopShops is breaking down geographical
boundaries for savvy customers and allowing them to shop - not just
buy things - from the palm of their hand. By combining connection,
community, and discovery all into one platform, ShopShops is
creating the most exciting way to shop in the modern era.
ShopShops already streams with over 1,000 partners, across the
U.S., Middle East, Europe and Asia, including brands like Marni,
Rebecca Minkoff, Cynthia Rowley, Zac Posen, Everlane, Away and rag
& bone. It is backed by top VCs including Union Square Ventures,
TCG, Forerunner, SV Angel, XRC Labs, 3K and Founder Collective.
ShopShops U.S. operations are based out of Manhattan, NYC.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: ShopShops, New York , Strategic Finance Senior Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!