Senior Manager, Merchant Product Management
Company: American Express
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Merchant Services - U.S. (MS - U.S.) organization seeks to
drive welcomed acceptance across all businesses in the United
States by providing products and services that allow them to
prosper. The MS-U.S. organization, which consists of 10M+
merchants, falls within Global Merchant and Network Services, which
acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants
around the world that welcome the American Express card. The newly
formed Strategy, Product and Analytics (SPA) team plays a critical
role by defining and delivering these value-add products and
We are looking for a highly motivated and strategic individual to
join our newly created Merchant Product Management team. This
individual will contribute to define and execute the product value
proposition for the MS - U.S. customers. Areas of oversight will
include the assessment of customer needs and landscape dynamics, as
well as the detailing and bringing to life the future value
proposition for American Express Merchants across company size and
industries. This position provides an opportunity to work on high
impact projects that are tied to senior leadership's most pressing
The role will report to the Director of Merchant Product
Specifically, The Colleague Will
- Help define and execute the future product value proposition
and experiences for merchants in the U.S.
- Assess existing Merchant core value proposition for
opportunities to consolidate or rationalize capabilities.
- Identify gaps vs. competitors (traditional players, fintechs,
aggregators), assessing the impact of the changing landscape
dynamics on the value proposition.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively assess customer needs,
defining the product and value-added services that will be required
to grow profitably and sustainably.
- Analyze product performance to create and prioritize a
data-driven product backlog.
- Ensure the product delivers continued value to the business and
customers, and meets key performance indicators.
- Create product management documentation to support alignment on
requirements and customer journeys.
- Bring the future value proposition from concept to execution
through internal builds and external partnerships
- Create and implement product investment roadmaps.
- Support the creation of content and training required to
- Partner across internal and external stakeholders, players in
payments ecosystem, Industry Development and Partnerships, Client
Management, Technology, Pricing, Marketing, GCO, Payments
Consulting and Digital Labs to create and operationalize the
product value proposition.
The candidate should be experienced in the field of Product
Management, comfortable with white space, and with a proven track
record for driving results.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Knowledge of financial services and specifically merchant
services business a plus.
- Experience developing and executing within a matrix
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders and
influence at all levels.
- Strong quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to
synthesize robust analytical assessments.
- A change agent, not afraid to challenge the status quo.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 12:00:38 AM
Keywords: American Express, New York , Senior Manager, Merchant Product Management, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!