Director of Latin America Region Tech Bank Information Secur
Company: American Express Services Europe Limited
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director of Latin America Region Tech Bank Information Security
Officer and Global Compliance
- Phoenix, Arizona; United States; New York, United States;
Texas, United States; Florida, United States; California, United
States Director of Latin America Region Tech Bank Information
Security Officer and Global Compliance Reporting is responsible for
information security control enforcement, cybersecurity awareness,
reporting, and will create embedded partnerships focused on
reducing technology risk. This role will lead the expansion of a
first-line Bank Information Security program, manage Information
Security risks unique to legal entities within the market and
ensure compliance with all policy and regulatory obligations and
affiliate oversight. Additionally, this position will have a
positive impact on the overall Technology and Information Security
risk posture of American Express and its legal entities by leading
risk-reduction through clear and candid communication, early
engagement in new products and projects, regulatory engagement,
information security and technology risk consultation.
- Manage the interconnection between core information security
functions and American Express Latin America Region legal
- Partner with--Information Technology Risk Management
on--information security risk assessment--and reporting--related to
Latin America Region legal entities.
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders with supporting
business unit and technology control ownership domains to connect
business and tech partners with the right Technology Risk & InfoSec
- Respond to Latin America Region legal entity audit and
examination, including close partnership with the Privacy Office,
Compliance, General Council, and the broader Information Security
- Provide Technology Risk and Information Security technical
consultation on new projects, products, applications, strategy, and
other ventures to ensure appropriate security protection is
delivered as part of any new solution.
- Operate as part of the extended Information Security leadership
team in support of all security and compliance initiatives.
- Assist with other Technology Risk related activities which
arise based on the needs of the business unit or broader Technology
Risk and Information Security organization Minimum Qualifications
- Information Security or Technology Risk Management leadership
- Commensurate academic credentials (bachelor's degree / Master's
Degree preferred) and security certifications and/or relevant
- Preference for Spanish speaking, reading, and writing
- Experience working with Regulators and in complex regulated
businesses is an asset
- Broad understanding of information security disciplines with
emphasis on vulnerability management, data protection,
infrastructure security, application security, identity and access,
incident management, risk management, and data analytics
- Understanding of regulatory landscape while able to link
threats to risk tolerance and control efficiency measures
- Calm and decisive under pressure. Natural operational
leadership in stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize actions for the benefit of the
organization to remain focused on most critical issues.
- Initiative and energy to go beyond minimum requirements of
effort and activity; a bias for action and for getting things
- Experience in developing high performing talent.
- Proven ability in extending and maintaining strong
relationships in a complex multi-national corporation. Ability to
translate technical cyber security concepts to non-technical
- Strong problem solver with the ability to use analytical
methods to affect change.
- Effective organizational skills (including attention to detail)
along with the ability to collaborate and influence in a matrix
environment. Employment eligibility to work with American Express
in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa
sponsorship for these positions. American Express is an equal
opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age,
or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2021, 5:18:38 PM All users of our online
services subject to both Privacy Statement and Terms of Service.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation
in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here .
Please indicate if you would prefer a response via email or
Keywords: American Express Services Europe Limited, New York , Director of Latin America Region Tech Bank Information Secur, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!